• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Program freezes after a few minutes or sometimes after a few seconds of usage.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the new 2021 version of Premiere and that's when the problem started. I would start working and the program would crash only after a few minutes of usage. The problem with any files longer than 10 mins. 

I had reinstalled the program twice, reset my pc, lowered ram usage, and cleared out scratch disks but the problem still persists, After the program just freezing the video player is all white and doesn't work. I can't change workspaces either, any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Here are some screenshots. 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you try to reset the preferences? (hold option or alt on the splash screen)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but that didn't work either. I also changed the audio input to "no input" but that didn't work as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

system specs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AMD Ryzen 7 3700U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.30GHz

8.00 gigs of RAM, 256 GB storage. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8.00 gigs of RAM, 256 GB storage. 

By @DeveshU

That may be the issue.

Only 8 GB RAM and only one small hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reset my pc, I have 202 Gigs free, and it says 6.33 gigs usable of RAM, Pr 2020 worked without any problems. Isn't there another reason? 

Anyways, thank you for the help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely your video card is not playing well with Premiere,  you can see here a list of compatible cards: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements/2019.html#gpu-acceleration

Essentially your computer is quite underpowered for the software. 8GB is the bare minimum and storage on one drive (even if you have 200GB free) is going to make Premiere struggle a bit (I'm guessing it's SSD?) Anyways, your biggest problem is the video card

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I upgrade these things, can I make it work? Espescially RAM. Would upgrading Ram work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If NVIDIA graphics,, make sure to use the latest Studio Driver from NVIDIA (NOT the Game Driver).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines