Highlighted

Program Moniter Freezing

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently editing a video in premiere pro using the following plugins, RSMB, Sapphire, BCC, and Magic Bullet Looks. All of my clips have been nested at least 2 times, and have a lot of effects. The program / preview moniter is freezing within ten minutes of use, on either a black screen or still frame of the video, and the audio continues to play, yet the image freezes. I will save and close my premiere, and then it wont re-open, and task manager thinks it is still open. I end the task, and it then allows me to open premiere again, and within ten minutes, the same thing hapens. I have tried with software and hardware preview rendering, and storing my previews on a different drive, with over 600gb of free space. 

I have a good PC, with an RTX 2060 Super, and i7 10700. If anybody has any suggestions, as to fixing it, it would be much appreciated

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Program Moniter Freezing

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently editing a video in premiere pro using the following plugins, RSMB, Sapphire, BCC, and Magic Bullet Looks. All of my clips have been nested at least 2 times, and have a lot of effects. The program / preview moniter is freezing within ten minutes of use, on either a black screen or still frame of the video, and the audio continues to play, yet the image freezes. I will save and close my premiere, and then it wont re-open, and task manager thinks it is still open. I end the task, and it then allows me to open premiere again, and within ten minutes, the same thing hapens. I have tried with software and hardware preview rendering, and storing my previews on a different drive, with over 600gb of free space. 

I have a good PC, with an RTX 2060 Super, and i7 10700. If anybody has any suggestions, as to fixing it, it would be much appreciated

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 03, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also using the latest version of Premiere

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a lot of hefty effects there! How much RAM do you have? An 8-core is a decent CPU, but the RAM would need to be high for this to all work.

You may need to go to doing part of it, then make sure your Render & Replace format/codec is a good intraframe of decent Mbps, and R&R the clip, then do more effects on the rendered replacement.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 16GB of RAM, and 13GB is dedicated to Premiere. I have decided to render my project, and just make a jumpcut from where I am up to, and carry on in a new project, in case premiere just can't handle the ammount of nests or effects. If this doesn't work, I may just reinstall premiere, which may be a pain as I will have to save all my presets, and reinstall all my plugins

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2020 1