Program monitor render preview glitch

Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere 14.5.0

I've seen two program monitor glitches so far since updating Priemere just last week. 

When the playhead isn't moving, the program monitor shows me what everything is supposed to look like. When I hit play, the video in the program monitor isn't displaying what's happening. I've discovered it has something to do with yellow unrendered video in the timeline.

• Example 1: Single video layer, MP4 with Warp Stabilizer: when played, the video will shift off-center in the program monitor revealing any video below it. When paused, the video returns to the center as if nothing was amiss. 
  • Example 2: Two identical video layers stacked on top of each other. The bottom layer has a blur effect, the top layer is scaled down. When playing the video, what plays on the monitor is nowhere near what the desired result looks like. When paused, everything is fine.

The yellow render bar on the timeline appears to be the culprit, when I render the video to green, playback is fine. The issue only presents itself when the bar is yellow. This seems impractical. If I need to tweak any of my effects, I need to re-render the section again to see it in the program monitor as true. Premiere wasn't like this before. What changed? 

Computer:

macOS Catalina
V 10.15.17
MacBook Pro

2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, Hardware or GPU, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Program monitor render preview glitch

Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere 14.5.0

I've seen two program monitor glitches so far since updating Priemere just last week. 

When the playhead isn't moving, the program monitor shows me what everything is supposed to look like. When I hit play, the video in the program monitor isn't displaying what's happening. I've discovered it has something to do with yellow unrendered video in the timeline.

• Example 1: Single video layer, MP4 with Warp Stabilizer: when played, the video will shift off-center in the program monitor revealing any video below it. When paused, the video returns to the center as if nothing was amiss. 
  • Example 2: Two identical video layers stacked on top of each other. The bottom layer has a blur effect, the top layer is scaled down. When playing the video, what plays on the monitor is nowhere near what the desired result looks like. When paused, everything is fine.

The yellow render bar on the timeline appears to be the culprit, when I render the video to green, playback is fine. The issue only presents itself when the bar is yellow. This seems impractical. If I need to tweak any of my effects, I need to re-render the section again to see it in the program monitor as true. Premiere wasn't like this before. What changed? 

Computer:

macOS Catalina
V 10.15.17
MacBook Pro

2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, Hardware or GPU, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 20, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the following.

File > Project Settings > General > Set the renderer to software only.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 0
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the response however that results in the computer moving impossibly slow to even show me a preview at all. The bar also turns red. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 0