• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Program Monitor stuck on one frame

New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I do not think I have seen anyone else with this type of issue. Yesterday, I was editing my video and I moved the playhead in my timeline to go to earlier or later parts of my video. However, as I was doing so, my program monitor froze on one specific frame. I could still move the playhead and make edits in the timeline, but the program monitor would not switch to a different frame. I then closed Premiere Pro and opened it up again to see if it was a one time issue. However, it occured again but this time, it was by playing the video. I pressed spacebar to see how my video looks like and it eventually froze on one specific frame again (it was not the same frame as last time though). I had to close and re-open Premiere Pro again and again and this issue would keep occuring. Now, I do not know what to do. Could someone please provide some help?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chad! Sorry for the trouble. Can you share more information?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My device has 6 GB of RAM, is operated by Windows 10, has an Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100U CPU @2.30GHz, and an Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 GPU. The footage I am editing are MP4 video files at 29.97 fps with a 1080p frame size (although I don't think that matters because this is happening on all of my projects). I have tried resetting my preferences and deleting cache files. but neither have worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have any morph cuts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project I discovered this issue on does not. I checked with other projects I had and I had the same issue, even when I started a new project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the video good quality and undamaged? If there are technical problems with the video you may run into weird issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not the footage. It happens with all my projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: So after messing aroudn with the software a bit by closing the panel and all the panels then resetting to the default workspace layout, the program monitor will just not even show anything any more. Can still move around and make edits like before, but it will not show anything on the program and source monitors and it will not let me play the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chad! Sorry for the delay in response and thanks for providing the system details. The minimum RAM required for Premiere Pro is 8GB. I think the low RAM is causing performance issues. Please refer to the system requirements for more details: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks again. 

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kartika. I apologize for not responding right away because I have been trying to update my graphics driver to see if it would solve my issues. Unfortunately, that did not work. And I have been using Premiere Pro for around 3 to 4 months now and this is the first time I am experiencing this issue, so I do not think it is a RAM issue. I don't know what to do. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Were you ever able to fix this problem?? I am having the same issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines