• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

program window goes black continuosly

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I always had this problem sometime, especially when I used 4k drone footage or graphics or media encoder working. But in the last 4-5 days it keeps suddenly going black, so I can't see what I'm working on, even with lighter footage. The only things that works is to shut down premiere and restart it again. but I have to do it every 5 minutes.

I see I  automatically updated the program version, could be the problem? new update compatibility? Also media encoder has error while using Gpu acceleration (cuda)

thanks

TOPICS
Editing , Hardware or GPU , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work,try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Also, please help us help you:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-what-information-should-i-provide-when-asking-a-ques...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi and thaks for your kind answer. I use pc, windows 10 64 bit, nvidia gtx 1050.

I've deleted cache files and folder,, I've resetted preferences (changing many things I hardly remember how they were, created a new project importing  the old one. The audio setting is only possible with Input to None, no other options. Premiere is automatically updated.

But the editing window, the project one, still has problems, today every minute, so it's almost impossible to work with. I sometimes hear a strange buzz when the window gets black, as it may suggest the problem comes from audio. don't know what else I can do to solve it. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but most of the times the problems come when I  have a drone 4k footage on the timeline cursor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi, I followed all your instructions, but nothing seems to solve the problem (cache, work space, preferences, audio driver, graphics driver, new project). Yesterday I created a new project, with very few clips and a couple of graphics. Had really many problems exporting a 45" video and many times I had to close Premiere as the program window switching to black. Do I have to run a previous software version? Never had so many problems working with Premiere. And everything is updated.

Thanks for any suggestion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make sure that your operating system is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines