Highlighted

Project Bin Doesn't Save On Workspaces

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm trying to make a custom workspace that works best for me.  I want the Project Bin to be in the top left bin/folder section.  Once there I go to window, workspaces, and save as new workspace.  Here is what the saved workspace sould look like.

jackrdenick_0-1602880750876.png

Now when I close and open in back up with a new project it appears on the right far side. You can look here.

jackrdenick_1-1602880891260.png

Any reason why this keeps happening and I can't lock it?  Please let me know as it drives me crazy everytime I open premiere pro.  Thanks!

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Project Bin Doesn't Save On Workspaces

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm trying to make a custom workspace that works best for me.  I want the Project Bin to be in the top left bin/folder section.  Once there I go to window, workspaces, and save as new workspace.  Here is what the saved workspace sould look like.

jackrdenick_0-1602880750876.png

Now when I close and open in back up with a new project it appears on the right far side. You can look here.

jackrdenick_1-1602880891260.png

Any reason why this keeps happening and I can't lock it?  Please let me know as it drives me crazy everytime I open premiere pro.  Thanks!

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 16, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences:

FAQ: How to reset preferences in Premiere Pro?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2020 0
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I prefer my project bin at the top left of my workspace.  I see what you describe happening all the time, but it literally takes me 5 seconds if that to move the bins to the top left when I start work each day.  I think this may be associated with importing your workspaces with your project...   Might try turning it off in the windows menu.Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 10.43.20 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2020 1
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not yet seen a solution that works. Workspaces are broken in Premiere Pro.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2020 0
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

their not broken, just disabled...  I find that I sometimes have to tweak a few things, but I'm constantly switching in particular between the color workspace and my default editing setup.  I find the user interface very powerful, but took me a while to figure it out.  Things would get wonky (usually because of operator error cause I didn't get it) but once I understood how the different "dropzones" worked, I've been pretty happy with a few exceptions.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2020 0
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you misunderstand me. The functionality is ok but if i save a workspace and close the project the project i am working with, the Project panel will be placed on the wrong place next time i open the project. (or the day after...) It seems to have a life of it´s own.

Like this one, the Project panel on the attached image is placed to the right. The actual Workspace has the Project panel placed to the left, although all projects open up with the Project panel to the right instead of to the intended left. If i manually move it to the left now it will be placed to the right when i open the project tomorrow. Day after day...

This did not happen a couple of years ago but happens on a daily basis now since some version back of Premiere Pro. There are lots of posts about this, that the Project panels never stays where you put it. This is what i mean with a broken workspaces, with no solution than to manually move it everytime you open a project. (Import Workspaces from Project are disabled.)

Averdahl_0-1602952207144.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2020 0
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I understand just thinking its a quick fix each time. I guess I have a
high tolerance for this sort of thing. Gotta say I've never had much luck
with synch settings which may be part of the same problem. I consult with
a number of people supervising their premiere work and I've learned to
manually send them my keyboard layout and tell them where to save it .
Easier than tearing my hair out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I may have found the solution.  I have to have the effects tab with the project bin.  Here is what my workspace will now look like:

jackrdenick_0-1602951300980.png

I may still tweak it here and there.  Thanks for everyone's responses!

@Joëlle Bh @mgrenadier @Averdahl 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2020 1