• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project crashed, I can recover the file but not the cached previews.

Participant ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My project crashed, and I can recover the auto-saved files.

The problem is was containing preview caches. And it took time to build up.

Funny thing sometime it does recover after a restart of the computer but this time it seems to not happening.  Is there a way to 'reconnect' the cached preview with the project?

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

If caches don't connect there is usually very little you can do about it. It could be a good excuse to clear out all your caches anyway and start with a clean slate, let Premiere rebuild them all.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If caches don't connect there is usually very little you can do about it. It could be a good excuse to clear out all your caches anyway and start with a clean slate, let Premiere rebuild them all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

well in that case that just plain sucks because often the cached preview just delete itself for random reasons.  Sometime I have to close the project or the project crash and my cached previews are gone. Since I'm working with highly processed clips combined with color grading, the previewing caching could take hours only to get flushed again few minutes after being done processing.  That's not a good excuse for me if I might say!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines