• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project crashing after updating to Premiere Pro 15.1

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue as well, but even worse. I've spent the last 3 hours trying to edit a super simple 60 second video and it's been a nightmare. Everytime there are updates there are bugs like this. Normally I have automatic update off but I guess I accidentally updated and it's making editing impossible.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trey,

Sorry. Have you tried deleting media cache yet?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've cleared caches, preferences, restarted/turned off computer multiple times, redownloaded v15.1, and tried separate new projects with different media and the issue persists. The only way I've managed to continue working since yesterday was downgrading back to v15.0 and I have zero issues now. The program would become unresponsive (not literally in task manager, but the program wouldn't react or register any clicks) and I would have to click one of the menu bar drop downs, and I would be able to continue. However it only took 2-3 seconds minimum before it became unresponsive again. I also do not have any third party plug-ins if that helps. I will keep using v15 as I have no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird, Trey. Can I get your system specs, OS details, and media type?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trey,

I advise you to update NVIDIA drivers if you have one of those GPUs installed. This action has helped others.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, Same issue here. Premier just crashes the whole system.

I'm on Windows, i7 processor, 8GB Ram. Tried rolling it back and the issue is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sunny,

You might try updating NVIDIA drivers if you have one of those GPUs installed. Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

No success there. All my drivers are up to date and I'm getting no system conflicts. I've cleared the media cache and still no joy. Basically, it runs fine for a few minutes but when I start to edit my footage it'll just freeze up and the whole system will freeze. I can't CTRL+ALT+DEL, my mouse freezes and I have to power button reset. I'm now in a position where I have a few videos to edit and Premier Pro is unworkable. It was all working fine before the update and I've even tried rolling back but the issue now happens even with previous versions. This has to be fixed soon or I'm buggered for my deadlines. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to roll back to 14.9 and not my system just switches off outright. There has to be some way just to reset back to the old version to allow us to use it. I'm forking out £50 a month for these programmes and it's infuriating that I'm now missing deadlines and the only response we're getting is generic test your system and delete cookies. It's clearly a software issue so when will we see it fixed? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sunny,

Sorry! I see you have just 8 GB RAM. Have you checked out system requirements for 15.1? Are you meeting them?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the system compatibility report has no conflicts and I have been able to use Premier just fine up until the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Can't drag clips on a timeline, but not all timelines. Tried importing into new project, trashing prefs etc. Rebooted many times. Downgrading for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trey,
Weird. Sorry about this. Saw another editor having a hard time until they uninstalled their webcam software. Could that be the case at all?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines