Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Crashing on PP Version 14.1.2-14.3.1

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

So when I updated to Version 14.3, one of my main projects would only open 3/4 then crash. I had contacted Adobe support...they went in to my system and couldn't get it to work. They had no idea what was going on and said wait for an update/fix. I reverted back to 14.1.0 as now I find that anthing above this will crash this one project...which will take FOREVER to recreate. What in the world could cause that?

I see that we are they are at 14.3.1 which I thought would fix it...and it won't. We updated my GFX card As well

Specs:

HP Z840

Windows 10 Professional 64bit

Intel Xeon CPU E5-2630 2,40 2,40 GHZ (2 Processors)

128 GB RAM

NVIDIA Quadro P5000

Thanks,

Todd

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so why not just work in 14.1.0?   You're dealing with an incredibly complex piece of software and there's no way adobe can test it with every permutation of hardware, os, etc...    I understand your frustration, but why not just work in 14.1.0?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reverted back, but why pay for the service and the upgrades and not be able to upgrade and enjoy the new features?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, these small udpates are usually about fixing bugs rather than adding new features...   When you have an update to 15. there will be plenty of new features and plenty of new bugs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the project have any dynamically linked assets from Ae?

Try updating these dynamic links first in the latest installed version of Ae before opening the project in PPro.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Really good idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines