• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Fails to Open (Premiere v14.7)

Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep having issues with launching premiere projects. The program will attempt to open the project file but it never makes it past the media loading bar (see video). This is not the only update I've had this problem so I am really disappointed that Adobe has such a glaring instability in the software. As a professional editor it is incredibly frustrating to not even be able to launch my projects. Here is a list of things I have tried so far:

1. Launch from double-clicking project file in windows explorer

2. Launch premiere and then go file --> open project --> select project file

3. Complete uninstall/reinstall of premiere

4. Restart the program

5. Restart my computer

System specs:

CPU: Intel i9-9900K @3.60GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair DDR4

Graphics: Asus Geforce RTX 2070 Super

Storage: 2TB internal SSD

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additionally, I have created an entirely new project (in the newest version of premiere) and attempted to import the entire other project, which has only resulted in a crash/freeze.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pierce,

Sorry for the frustration. The workaround is to trash preferences. Can you try that?

If you have a copy of that project file you can upload, I'd forward it on to engineering. I believe that this is a bug and should be fixed.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I will give that a go and see if it improves the stability at all. Is there an email that I can share the project file with? Additionally, will you need any of the related files for the project or just simply the project file?

Thanks for the help!

Pierce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried trashing my preferences and that did not solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've encountered this MANY times recently. Often, but not always, I can open the project in the latest beta, but none of the suggested solutions can be relied on to solve the issue for me. I don't think trashing prefs has ever worked for me, but I know it doesn't usually work.

I've linked to an example of a problem project file. This loads in the current beta, but not in the current release. I have others!

Problem project 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to know I am not the only one haha. Do you remember what update version the issue started with for you? I seem to have had issues since v14.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure, I think it's been going on for about a month or so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Riontro anche io i medesimi problemi. ho provato veramnete di tutto ma non trovo ancora una soluzione. spero che Adobe abbia avuto tutti gli errori/feedback su cui lavorare e provare a risolverli. tutt'ora sto usando solo la versione beta e, anche se si blocca ogni tanto, riesco ad andare avanti con i lavori. Ma spero che la soluzione arrivi presto.

a parte questo, qualcuno ha trovato come risolvere? oppure a provato qualche stratagemma che risolve i problemi sopracitati?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using the beta is the best solution I've found so far, but even that doesn't seem to be certain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines