Project file bloat due to multicam sequences and personal workflow

Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm used to working with multiple backup sequences so as to not lose anything.

I also have a couple of sequences where I place good takes so as to find them quickly and easily. 

This means I'm always selecting material from a sequence and not from double clicking media in the project panel and selecting material from the source monitor. I usually always have 2 sequences open in paralell in the timeline as a consequence.

I'm used to this workflow and I've come to rely on it a lot.

Problem is, all this copying and duplicating sequences, and it seems especially when working with multicam clips bloats the project file enormously.

My project file now has approximately 8000 kb which as you probably know makes the software start to move sluggishly and saving becomes a pain. Especially for me, since i'm paranoid and I've set my autosave to 1 min :). But it takes about 5-10 seconds per save which drives me nuts after a while.

Premiere also does this when using warp stabilizer on many clips, but this is old news. I wished they solved this too...

So...any solutions for this? Or only Adobe can fix this by changing how their software behaves?

Thanks you.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend going to a Productions based workflow. It's radically different in structure, and because of that it's a ton less strain on the computer resources.

Second ... AutoSave will not save you for nearly any major glitch especially with a 1-minute spacing! If you have say 20 saves, within 25 minutes at most you will be overwriting previous saves. If any corruption gets into the project, within those 25 minutes you now have no way back whatever. I set for ten minutes/20 saves.

But I rarely have ever looked for an auto-save when I hit a problem. Because ... I simply Ctrl/Cmd-S every so often without even thinking about it, which saves the main project file. And every major step, you can do a save-as and then continue with the iterated named version, so you always have a solid way back.

Ann Bens and many others also do Save a Copy which saves the project to a different drive, redundancy of location being a very good thing.

Neil

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just looked at a typical multicam project I work on, and its 5277KB now. It's no problem to work with. I have it on an M.2 drive, so it's quite quick. I also never do any Warp stabilizer in the project. I send that file over to AE, do the warp there (and if it helps the shot (50/50)) I export a Cineform or ProRes file out and add that to the PP project. So, if you are doing warp on even only a few clips, which you are aware of, it could easily have upped my project to > 8000KB

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines