• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

project file disappeared, how to find it, also can it be recreated using the cache files

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've lost a project file in premiere pro, one moment it was there in finder, I am on a MacBook pro and the next it disappeared.  More background, iCloud is auto syncing files on my computer, I don't want this to happen for all my files but only for some.  So I created a file folder with the name "adobe files.nosync" and when I did that.  A project file I was working on completely disappeared from the computer and from the iCloud folder.  I've looked everywhere but can't find it.  The final question is can I recreate this project by using the files within the cache files? Also, the ".nosync" folder has also disappeared.  

Thanks for the help

Eugene

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to your Premiere Pro preferences and then choose "Auto Save" from the choices on the left. Check to see if you have that turned on. If you do the Premiere Pro should have created an Auto Save folder next to your project. Try searching your computer for "Adobe Premiere Pro Auto-Save" to see if you can find any. Also while you are there put a checkmark next to "Save backup projects to creative cloud" and in the future, you'll save an extra copy of your project to the cloud in case it happens again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The final question is can I recreate this project by using the files within the cache files?

No, you can not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines