• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project file size LARGE because of warp stabilizer???

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very simple project, approx 1hr of footage from an old GoPro in 1080 sequence matches the footage with the exception of size changed to 1080 x 1080 square

The sequence has one video of 6 minutes duration. All I have done is add warp stabilizer to it (21,000 frames) and now the project file size is 159MB, it is very slow to load when doing a simple task like moving the screen sideways.

Am I missing something here, or is this normal for using the warp stabilizer?

I should add - I have used the stabilizer on other projects, notably my last 30-minute project which scrubbed flawlessly with warp stabilizer, colour grading, masking etc. (the computer is not the issue), and the project file size was only 6-7MB??

It's got me stumped! 

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Warp Stabilizer data is written to the project file. Guessing a 6 minute clip will take a lot of data to process instead of 6 one minute clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Warp Stabilizer data is written to the project file. Guessing a 6 minute clip will take a lot of data to process instead of 6 one minute clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann Bens - Thanks, that makes sense.

Interestingly I have added a few titles and audio to the sequence and now the project file has reduced to 90MB?

So strange

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere sometimes moves in mysterious ways...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typically, Warp Stabilizer works best when used on short clips. If you run this effect on longer clips of unstable footage, you not only blow up the project size, but you're also very unlikely to achieve the results you need as cropping can become too much of a good thing to compensate for any camera shakes. Are you able to cut away to different clips, in order to break up the 6 minute source to more manageable lengths for stabilization?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I did try this, it became too problematic adjusting the start and ends of each clip to line up with the next, uncropped clip. 

Problematic in the way of large lag spikes. I would adjust the scale of move the screen slightly and it would take up to 10s to see the change on screen.

But in saying that, I used the already stabilized footage. I will try from scratch and see how that goes.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines