• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project freezes on load (Premiere Pro 2020 [14.3])

Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm running Premiere Pro 14.3 on a Windows 10 Pro computer. Intel Core i7-5820K, 32 GB RAM.

When trying to load a particular project, the progress bar will zip right up to about 3/4 full and then the program will stop responding, as shown:

fail.PNG

I've tried:

• Restarting Premiere
  • Restarting the computer
  • Updating Premiere to 14.3 (was previously on the last version before the icon updates, not sure version number)
  • Launching Premiere as Administrator
  • Holding Ctrl+Shift while launching Premiere to reset plugin caches
  • Holding Alt while launching Premiere to reset preferences
  • Updating Windows 10 (just some small updates that were available)
  • Creating a copy of the .prproj file and launching from there, also tried moving it to the Desktop (different disk from project) and launching from there
  • Launching from within Premiere
  • Launching from the file directly
  • Looked through Headless Plugin Loading.log to see if one of the VST's was failing to load
  • Can't remember what else; been wrestling with this since yesterday afternoon

This problem occurred once yesterday and relaunching Premiere allowed the project to load successfully. Since then I have been unable to load the project.

Critically, other projects DO load, however there are many hours of work put into this project and I do not have time to reassemble it as the first video needs to be exported by tomorrow morning.

Is there any way to scan/repair/convert/do anything with a possibly-corrupted project file, or any ideas to get this to load? I worked tech support for 8+ years (not at Adobe) but I'm at a loss as to how to proceed.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

A friend suggested I create a new Project and import the entire old .prproj file into it, and I'm happy to report that it worked!

Apparently some VST3 plugins can prevent projects from opening, but they can still be imported. Hopefully this info helps someone else!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A friend suggested I create a new Project and import the entire old .prproj file into it, and I'm happy to report that it worked!

Apparently some VST3 plugins can prevent projects from opening, but they can still be imported. Hopefully this info helps someone else!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

This seems to work for me too. But is there going to be an official fix from Adobe's side?

I can not imagine every time having to simply open a new project to import the entire old .prproj files in to it.

Thank you for helping me out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same problem on a Mac. I'll have to try the import trick you've described. So far I've found that manually deleting the Media Cache folder and reopening the project to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now that's not working. So thanks for the new project-import tip. Is anyone else tired of paying Adobe to be Beta Testers? I had an employee just yesterday tell me that he feels he's gotten an education on software trouble shooting from using Adobe products. Sad. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this, sir. I just had this error start occuring this morning - I believe it was tied to a Waves plugin I used to edit audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having such heartbreak with premiere the last 3 days it has frozen and crashed and cost me so much time more then ever now that I have a deadline I have done so much reinstalling rolling back updates , is anybody else having issues maybe Windows , I have done alt shift when starting it up

Computer spec RTX 2070 Ryzen 7 16GB Ram, I really can't solve issue , Benchmark has pc running perfect , its seems premiere is just bugging it 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try installing the latest Beta. Might work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Спасибо огромное, мне помог ваш пост.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines