Highlighted

Project freezes on load (Premiere Pro 2020 [14.3])

Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm running Premiere Pro 14.3 on a Windows 10 Pro computer. Intel Core i7-5820K, 32 GB RAM.

When trying to load a particular project, the progress bar will zip right up to about 3/4 full and then the program will stop responding, as shown:

fail.PNG

I've tried:

• Restarting Premiere
  • Restarting the computer
  • Updating Premiere to 14.3 (was previously on the last version before the icon updates, not sure version number)
  • Launching Premiere as Administrator
  • Holding Ctrl+Shift while launching Premiere to reset plugin caches
  • Holding Alt while launching Premiere to reset preferences
  • Updating Windows 10 (just some small updates that were available)
  • Creating a copy of the .prproj file and launching from there, also tried moving it to the Desktop (different disk from project) and launching from there
  • Launching from within Premiere
  • Launching from the file directly
  • Looked through Headless Plugin Loading.log to see if one of the VST's was failing to load
  • Can't remember what else; been wrestling with this since yesterday afternoon

This problem occurred once yesterday and relaunching Premiere allowed the project to load successfully. Since then I have been unable to load the project.

Critically, other projects DO load, however there are many hours of work put into this project and I do not have time to reassemble it as the first video needs to be exported by tomorrow morning.

Is there any way to scan/repair/convert/do anything with a possibly-corrupted project file, or any ideas to get this to load? I worked tech support for 8+ years (not at Adobe) but I'm at a loss as to how to proceed.

A friend suggested I create a new Project and import the entire old .prproj file into it, and I'm happy to report that it worked!

Apparently some VST3 plugins can prevent projects from opening, but they can still be imported. Hopefully this info helps someone else!

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Project freezes on load (Premiere Pro 2020 [14.3])

Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm running Premiere Pro 14.3 on a Windows 10 Pro computer. Intel Core i7-5820K, 32 GB RAM.

When trying to load a particular project, the progress bar will zip right up to about 3/4 full and then the program will stop responding, as shown:

fail.PNG

I've tried:

• Restarting Premiere
  • Restarting the computer
  • Updating Premiere to 14.3 (was previously on the last version before the icon updates, not sure version number)
  • Launching Premiere as Administrator
  • Holding Ctrl+Shift while launching Premiere to reset plugin caches
  • Holding Alt while launching Premiere to reset preferences
  • Updating Windows 10 (just some small updates that were available)
  • Creating a copy of the .prproj file and launching from there, also tried moving it to the Desktop (different disk from project) and launching from there
  • Launching from within Premiere
  • Launching from the file directly
  • Looked through Headless Plugin Loading.log to see if one of the VST's was failing to load
  • Can't remember what else; been wrestling with this since yesterday afternoon

This problem occurred once yesterday and relaunching Premiere allowed the project to load successfully. Since then I have been unable to load the project.

Critically, other projects DO load, however there are many hours of work put into this project and I do not have time to reassemble it as the first video needs to be exported by tomorrow morning.

Is there any way to scan/repair/convert/do anything with a possibly-corrupted project file, or any ideas to get this to load? I worked tech support for 8+ years (not at Adobe) but I'm at a loss as to how to proceed.

A friend suggested I create a new Project and import the entire old .prproj file into it, and I'm happy to report that it worked!

Apparently some VST3 plugins can prevent projects from opening, but they can still be imported. Hopefully this info helps someone else!

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 18, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2020 0