Project I just spent THREE WEEKS on suddenly corrupted and all autosave files are as well.

New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm about at my wits' end with Adobe. Just spent three weeks working on a 15 minute long video in Premiere 2021. After saving my project, closing Premiere, and safely ejecting my harddrive from my home desktop, I arrived this morning at work to open it on my work computer, only for Premiere to tell me "The project appears to be damaged, it cannot be opened." Somehow, it has also corrupted every single autosave file of this project as well. The only option I have here is to completely start over. Oh joy.

Don't tell me to import the project into a new project, or try to import select sequences. I've already tried that to no success. I am so tired of dealing with Adobe Premiere 2021 (which has so many issues compared to 2020 it's unreal, like how can you release a product like this?), and honestly just Adobe in general. I have had so many problems that have led me to support posts from 2012 on this very website with no answers to those same problems. Problems with this program have persisted since 2012 with no fix, and Adobe wants $35 a month to do nothing to fix them. 

I've attached my project to this post to see if anyone can figure anything out, though my expectations are extremely low based on posts I've seen similar to mine. I figured I have nothing to lose, since I'll have to start all over anyways. It's in a Google Drive link, because-- shocker, Adobe's website says my project's "content type does not match its file extension", probably being heavily corrupted and all.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gPi1ZpHvxD3QFuON8OmcVOCpKGzy4_8n/view?usp=sharing

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Error or problem, Import, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cannot open project either.

Make a habit of Save a Copy to a different drive.

Auto Save overwrite itself after so many copies. If the project gets corrupted without you knowing so do the auto saves.

FAQ: When to use "Save A Copy," or "Save As," and ...

Might want to try this guy: Mohsen_Aghaei

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines