• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project keeps freezing when opening a multicam timeline with a large amount of markers

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a film with large amount of interviews. The interviews have been transcribed and the transcriptions are imported through xml and applied as sequence markers. Sequences are around 180 minutes. Whenever I open the sequence in source monitor or click in the marker window the project freezes for about 10 seconds or longer. Splitting the sequence is not really an option because I want to be able to serach for keywords in the entire interview. Is this just a software bug or limitiation of the hardware?

Model Identifier: MacBookPro15,3

Processor Name: 8-Core Intel Core i9

Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz

Memory: 32 GB

MacOs: 10.15.17

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Premeire loads into RAM/cach all the data for that project/sequence. With a three hour seqeunce, that is a TON of data most likely, and it's flooding the available system resources. A slow-CPU 8-core laptop with only 32GBof RAM is going to struggle with that.

If you have the XML file, couldn't you look through that? Not as fast as a search, but then you could separate this into maybe 20-30 minute chunks.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines