Highlighted

Project Lost and Autosaves were Deleted

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys- 

I believe I may be up poo-poo creek without a paddle, but I'm reaching out to you in hopes of a solution.

My problem is actually a two-part problem because it seems two BIG mistakes were made:

Problem 1:  I just completed a project this morning.  I had been making edits to the end, and only viewing the final 15-20% for the last few hours.  When I zoomed out to view the entire project, the first 80+% was missing.  I have absolutely no idea how this was erased.  I tried checking my history but it wouldn't let me roll back far enough to recover it.  I double-checked to make sure I didn't accidentally start a new sequence. No luck.  ....and no explination.  

Problem 2:  I went to the autosave folder, but somehow, my maximum autosaves were set to only 2 every 8 minutes.  As most of you know, this means my autosaves were being erased and replaced every eight minutes.  I did not make these changes to my autosave settings.  If I did, it was by mistake.  

Question:  is there any possible way to recover this project?  Are the autosave files which were "kicked" accessable?  Any guidence would be greately appreciated as I am truly devisated over this. 

Thank you  

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Error or problem, Export, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Project Lost and Autosaves were Deleted

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys- 

I believe I may be up poo-poo creek without a paddle, but I'm reaching out to you in hopes of a solution.

My problem is actually a two-part problem because it seems two BIG mistakes were made:

Problem 1:  I just completed a project this morning.  I had been making edits to the end, and only viewing the final 15-20% for the last few hours.  When I zoomed out to view the entire project, the first 80+% was missing.  I have absolutely no idea how this was erased.  I tried checking my history but it wouldn't let me roll back far enough to recover it.  I double-checked to make sure I didn't accidentally start a new sequence. No luck.  ....and no explination.  

Problem 2:  I went to the autosave folder, but somehow, my maximum autosaves were set to only 2 every 8 minutes.  As most of you know, this means my autosaves were being erased and replaced every eight minutes.  I did not make these changes to my autosave settings.  If I did, it was by mistake.  

Question:  is there any possible way to recover this project?  Are the autosave files which were "kicked" accessable?  Any guidence would be greately appreciated as I am truly devisated over this. 

Thank you  

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Error or problem, Export, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 16, 2020 0

Have something to add?