Highlighted

Project Manager - Consolidating and Proxies

Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In CC2015, when you used the Project Manager to trim down a final project, it didn't do anything with any attached Proxy files.

In CC2017, doing the same thing now copies over any attached Proxy files in their entirety, regardless of any trim options.

Is there any way to prevent the copying of proxy files other than using the proxy removal workaround in Premiere, unmounting the drive that contains the proxy files, or manually deleting the proxy files after they are copied over?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Project Manager - Consolidating and Proxies

Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In CC2015, when you used the Project Manager to trim down a final project, it didn't do anything with any attached Proxy files.

In CC2017, doing the same thing now copies over any attached Proxy files in their entirety, regardless of any trim options.

Is there any way to prevent the copying of proxy files other than using the proxy removal workaround in Premiere, unmounting the drive that contains the proxy files, or manually deleting the proxy files after they are copied over?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 15, 2017 1
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, it's still an issue in CC2018: when consolidating, Adobe Premiere also copies the proxy files, which is useless.

There should be an option not to copy the proxy file when consolidating. It's a waste of (copy) time and disk space.

I just dropped a Feature Request/Bug Report Form , although I wonder if it's any use...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2017 2
Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The feature/bug requests filed get distributed in collated lists to all the managerial types ... so they are definitely noticed, and I'd guess how many of X are received is a rather important data bit to them also.

It's the most direct way to give feedback to the development team. And is part of their decision making process.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2017 0
Explorer ,
May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I needed to get some clips to my color-correcting guy, ver frustrated.  Here is my clunky work-around:

1. Export an EDL (I tried a FCP XML - that adds other problems)

2. Create a new project and import the EDL, relink the files

3. Do a project manager of the new sequence

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2018 1
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello !

Is this bug has been fixed ? i have the same problem right now

Thanks !

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2020 0
Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Antoine,

Do you mean it's copying proxies into your 'consolidated' project?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes exactly : what can i do to avoid that issue without delating manualy the proxies ? 

i just want in my consolidated projet the hi-res files without the proxies

thanks !

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, the Project Manager still does not currently support Proxy files, so this is still an open issue.

I know it is not ideal, but you could try moving the Proxies to another location on disk (no need to delete). When the Link Media dialog appears to locate your Proxy files, choose Cancel (if you want Link Media to appear again for Proxy files next time you open this Project) or Offline All (if you don't want Link Media dialog to appear next time you open this Project). Now run Project Manager operation to consolidate only the hi-res files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2020 1
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i will do that
thank you very much for the quick answer !

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running into this as well, but COVID is impacting this as we would like to continue to have the proxies attached to the media-managed files, but to have them be consolidated to a matching length of the new media-managed master clips.  What I am running into is that a clip from an original with a duration of 00:20:08:10 becomes a clip that is 0:00:04:00 when it is media managed, but the attached proxy is still 00:20:08:10 long.  Moreover, when I view the proxy, I see the incorrect frame - it appears to be counting the frames from the head of media-managed clip and applying that frame count to the proxy, so I am seeing frames near the start of the proxy for all clips from the same source.  With COVID requiring us to do more remote work, the proxies are very useful, but this is making sequences hard to work with.  Do you have a recommendation on a workflow to take to generate new proxies for a media-managed sequence?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2020 0
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried creating new proxies after the media managed process?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple yet effective...  now that I understand what is at the root of this, it is probably workable to re-create proxies.  It would be great for there either to be no proxies on the media-managed clips to prevent confusion, or for the Project Manager to handle this whole process.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2020 2
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please feel free to add your feedback in UserVoice for Proxy support in the Project Manager - https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Until then, a possible workaround is to create a Save As for your Project (so that original Project is not changed). Select all your media in the Project panel, right-click and choose Proxy > Detach Proxies (added in Premiere Pro 14.3.1). Now run Project Manager to consolidate only your Full-Res media (as the Proxies were detached). You can then run Proxy > Create Proxies on your media-managed clips.

I know it's not ideal, but hopefully helps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2020 1