Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Manager Copying Entire Files

New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello folks,

Been having this issue and unable to find a solution. When using the Project Manager to conslidate a project - I've been running into a bug where I'm 'consolidating and copying to a new location' with handles, some of the video will copy over the entire file (i.e. 25 minute clips). Most of the other assets actually transcode into smaller, but every so often it will try to do some of the entire files. Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typically H.264, a long-GOP codec, does this. At times I know some users of RED or some of the Sony XDCAM and whatnot get this.

One of the things that musses up Project manager is including audio previews, oddly enough. Well ... there's a number of other things too.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the Project Manager is really rubbish when it comes to consolidating long GOP / Interframe codecs.

However, there is a nifty, and very simple, work-around for this problem - use Render and Replace.

Essentially, what you do is select all the clips on your Timeline, and right-click on any one of them to bring up the menu, and select Render and Replace -

forum1.png

And then set it up -

forum2.png

For some bizarre reason, Render and Replace does not have the same issues with Long-GOP/Interframe codecs, and it will consolidate your media properly. One thing to note though, is that it does not create a new project, like the Project Manager does, so I duplicate my timeline(s), do Render and Replace, and then select the timelines in the Project window and export those timelines as a Premiere Project, so I now have a new project with the consolidated timelines -

forum3.png

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ya do what ya gotta do to get work out the door, right?

Great working solution.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines