Project manager creates a bigger folder

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project with one single file.

from that file i had created several Subclips and used them eith MOGRT...

When collecting files for backup, the project manager is creating a folder ten times bigger than the original !

it is creating new files for the subclips (with the main file too) instead of only copying the main big file !

I ended up collecting manually.

Any advice on this issue as I'm concerned for bigger and more complicated projects.

Thank you

TOPICS
Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project manager is very glitchy, and has been for a while.

I just went to test collect some subclips (as per your workflow), and Premiere is collecting proxy files for clips that aren't on the sequence! I'm going to have to do some more investigation on this one.

Are you checking the 'Rename Media files to match clip names' checkbox?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tyvm Mike for your concern.

no i am not checking rename media...

as a matter of fact i'm not checking anything other than what are checked by default.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @jm

Indeed it seems that the Project Manager doesn't work well with Subclips. 

Looks like it is mentionned in this uservoice issue (but there is not mention of subclips though) : https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/39160546-project-manager-bu...

Did you try with and without hard bounds for your subclips ?

Otherwise, a solution for your issue is "PlumePack" : it's a third party plugin which gives an alternative to the Project Manager to solve the problems it has, and it can also trim your files losslessly without re-encoding to save disk space for your project. More infos : https://www.autokroma.com/PlumePack

Best,

Nicolas from Autokroma

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines