Highlighted

Project Manager Error

Explorer ,
May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Wondering if anyone else has had the same issue. Im trying to move a project from my MacBook to my iMac using the method of Project Manager; Collect files and copy to new location.

But every time I try this I get a error message saying "an unknown error occurred during the project manager operation. Please save your project and retry the operation". I tried that and still no luck.

Anyone able to shed light on the situation would be great. Or is there another way to move the project easily?

Many thanks

Dan

When i faced this issue in 99% cases it was solved by unchecking "Include Audio Conform Files"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Project Manager Error

Explorer ,
May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Wondering if anyone else has had the same issue. Im trying to move a project from my MacBook to my iMac using the method of Project Manager; Collect files and copy to new location.

But every time I try this I get a error message saying "an unknown error occurred during the project manager operation. Please save your project and retry the operation". I tried that and still no luck.

Anyone able to shed light on the situation would be great. Or is there another way to move the project easily?

Many thanks

Dan

When i faced this issue in 99% cases it was solved by unchecking "Include Audio Conform Files"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 22, 2018 6
Participant ,
May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please, I'm having the same error. Not had it before. Loads of disk space. Have rebooted in case RAM is holding something but no change. Same happens if I go to export to a local HDD instead of my removable. Latest versions of CC, Win 10, 16Gb Ram, Xeon proc.

Capture.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2018 1
Participant ,
May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a workaround I'm manually copy.pasting the vid source clips + project but its not ideal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe try setting the folder path to your desktop to see if might an issue with communicating or disk space or permissions with the current drive that you’re writing to.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2018 0
Participant ,
May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RobShultz​, thanks for the reply. I shut my computer down entirely after my reply earlier. Booted up just now (after 30 min drive to nowhere because the main road was closed and the diversion was a disaster) went to export same path as before , same error as before. Also rejects Desktop as you suggested with the same vague unhelpful error.

Capture.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2018 0
Participant ,
May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe check if you have "special caracters" (accents #@&ç etc) in your source filenames.

If so, rename, resync in premiere and retry project manager.

Hope this helps

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2018 0
Participant ,
May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PGZ@Mobibase  wrote

Maybe check if you have "special caracters" (accents #@&ç etc) in your source filenames.

If so, rename, resync in premiere and retry project manager.

Hope this helps

Now that you mention it the 123 video clips I have are titled with email addresses so have @ symbols in them. I'm too far into the project to de-bug/rename them so will have to stick to my office rig rather than export to laptop. I'll mark yours as helpful as this could well be the issue. Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2018 0
Participant ,
May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear, let us know if it's the case !

On the other hand, I use bluk rename freewares both on PC and Mac to "harmonize" my filenames all the time.

Then copy all your files to one folder

Then in premiere, all will be offline, just relink the first file and premiere will find the rest.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2018 0
Participant ,
Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, again,

I'm still getting this issue on new projects. I've gone through and renamed any @ or special character containing files as well as those in the sequence (as they dont inherit the name change, annoyingly), only 2 @'s found in my bins so that's fine. Still getting this though.

Any ideas please?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and tried everything I could think of. Hopefully Premiere fixes this and many other bugs soon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2018 2
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. I've never had problems consolidating media before, not sure what is going on here. Is it just a bug in PrP 2018?

I did see another thread here:  https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2206637
where the suggestion to completely delete your cache seemed to work.

Adobe, a real answer would help us out here since this is a fundamental workflow that should work properly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2018 1
Participant ,
Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the delete media cache files, also deleted peak files.  No luck.  Still get the unexplained error.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2018 2
Participant ,
Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. No luck. This is a huge problem. I can't believe I'm having the same issue almost 2 years later.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I have the answer for you.

I had the same error. Tried the same steps as you did, even tried a different desktop and different locations to Project manage to and didnt work I then found that if I unticked the box (Include preview files) then the project manage worked without the unknown error at the end. Hope this helps.

LuMags

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 08, 2019 18
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 21, 2019 1
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me as well, thanks for the tip!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 15, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much worked well!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, this actually worked

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you soh much...this has been bugging me for ages and your solution worked. Much appreciated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My god, it work. This needs to be marked as the solution. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2019 1
Participant ,
Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, this did not work for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This has been plaguing me! Your tip worked! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 29, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked

Thank you so much

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! Thank you so much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I LOVE you so much .. it so FU>>>> work .. 

thanks pro

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too. THANK YOU!
P.D. Bramsen

www.king-of-glory.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you this worked

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2020 0