• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Manager not consolidating the Correct Frame rate for XDCAM HD footage

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, so I just finished my project and want to give off what I have left to a different editor, most of the footage in the project is XDCAM HD NTSC 50mbs 60i raw with a frame rate of 29.97, I then use Project Manager and select Consolidate and Transcode, Individual Clips, MXF OP1A, XDCAM HD, with a 30 frame handle. Once it's done the process all my clips are now 25 frames instead of the original 29.97. According to Media Info everything else is fine but the frame rate is wrong, which completely throws the project off. Looking at the codec in Media Encoder, everything should be based on the original format so I'm not sure why the 29.97 frames footage becomes 25 frames after using the Project Manager. Please help, Thank you

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @manuelg90041064 

Did you try to choose another codec in the Project Manager (like ProRes) ? Maybe it comes from the export option "MXF OP1A, XDCAM HD".

Also we are developing at Autokroma a plugin called "PlumePack". It is the same than the PPro Project Manager but with less bugs and also the trimming feature. Trimming will remove the unused frames from your timeline use (with a handle parameter), but by keeping your files codec, metadata and exact same quality : it's like copying a part of your files into a new project. Of course, it replaces the clip automatically in a new exported project.
You have also options for collecting all data (even those which can't be trimmed and will be copied), removing the unused items in your timeline, and organize your final project structure.
More infos : https://www.autokroma.com/PlumePack/

In order to test PlumePack with your files, you can download it for free, launch the Analysis in your project and check what would be done with the consolidation process. If the analysis looks good, you can then decide to buy a license for the plugin ! 
In case your files would be not supported for trimming (The analysis will say it), you can contact us and we could try to support those files in one of our next releases ! 

Best,

Nicolas from Autokroma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, please tell us what version of Premiere Pro are you using?

Second, can you share a screengrab of the settings you are using in the Project Manager? From your info is should probably be this:

Screenshot 2021-03-18 at 11.39.19.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Joost! 

I have the same problem, I'm currently use the version Premiere Pro 15.2.0 (Build 35). The footage and sequence sharing settings for frame size, frame rate, field type, and pixel aspect ratio (1920 x 1080, 29.97 fps, interlaced, 16:9,  Square pixel (1.0)). The footage specifications are MXF OP1a, XDCAM HD422, 1920 x 1080, 29.97 fps, interlaced (top field first), 16: 9.  I choose the Consolidate and transcode option, Source: Individual Clips, Format: MXF OP1a, Preset: Match Source - XDCAM HD. When the project manager is done, all the specs match except the frame rate ... the final frame rate is 25 fps. When I use another codec, this does not happen. Please help and thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines