Project Manager Problems

Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Project Manager keeps giving me this error and forces me to save my prject and try again.

This happened in the end of 2020 and I had to take a break of media consolidation for awhile.

I came back at the start of 2021 and it started working again.

Now all of a sudden I am getting constant errors again for settings that have worked in the past.

I really need a fix to this because its extremely annoying to see this thread talked about back in 2018 yet adobe cant address this issue? Answers please.

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Error or problem, Export, Freeze or hang, How to

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you mean to attach a screenshot? What is "this error?"

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 8.54.28 AM.png

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share your system info? Like OS and version, CPU, RAM, GPU vRAM, exact Pr version? Thanks. Also a screen grab of Project Manager screen issue will be helpful. Also add info of the codecs your are using and if the footage is local or on a shared storage.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Footage is on a drive that has worked in the past, it is directly connected to the laptop.

Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 8.54.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 9.05.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 9.05.05 AM.png

   

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where are you consolodiating your project to?

can you please share your storage configuration?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going from One Lacie Drive to another via USB C connection directly connected into the Laptop.

I did this action earlier this month with no issues.

Do you need any more details?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you double check you have enough room in the drive you are consolidating to?

can you try consoloditating to a different drive? perhaps the one where the footage/projects are?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have enough room, I tried the same drive and the desktop.  Both gave me the same prompt after it tries to consololdate everything.

I even tried to update Pr and use 2021 version, but still same issue.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is so much to try to get it to work, trash prefs and cache, kill your renders and re-rerender. Have you tried moving everything to a new project? Are you trying to consolidate? Sometimes playing with the options will get it work.

And if nothing else works there is PlumePack from Autokroma. Never used it myself, though I have heard good things. And it can even trim ProRES and a few other high end formats without re-compressing.

- Jonah Lee Walker
Video Editor, Colorist, Motion Graphics Artist

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeh I basically did all of these things.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
16 hours ago 16 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

There is a lot of possible things to try to fix this "unknow error", I tried to list them all here:

- uncheck "Include Audio Conform Files"

- uncheck "Include preview files"

- delete all your proxies

- check if you have special characters in your video/photo/work files naming like + # $ or whatever

- delete adobe premiere cache

- uncheck "Exclude Unused Clips"

You can try in this order one by one until it works. I hope this can help you.

If you are looking for an alternative PlumePack is a "Project Manager" plugin for PPro, but gives you more features than the native solution, especially trimming your files (removing unused frames losslessly without re-encoding) : you save some project space without changing the codec, quality, metadata and source settings of your media files. There are a lot details / report to see what will happen / happened to your project and files during consolidation.
If you want to test PlumePack, you can just download here: https://www.autokroma.com/PlumePack, and you will be able to run the analysis. It should give you details about what PlumePack can do for your project (how much space you will save by trimming, how many files are unused in your project, ...) !

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines