Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project manager "unknown error"

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone,

We just finished shooting a feature film and I finished with the rough cut & syncing all the audio. (R3D footage & .wav Audio from external recorder)

Now I tried to export only the used footage via the Project Manager, but I can't get it to work. I always receive a "unknown error".

Even when I try to export a sequence with only one clip in it, it doesn't work, so it has nothing to do with any symbols in the file names. I am now guessing the .R3D files might cause a problem.

I also tried to delete the cache, uncheck preview files, nothing works.

This is really a pain in the ass, having always issues with Premiere Pro.

Any solutions or workaround that is not manually? It's 80min long and I do not have the nerves or time to do this whole thing manually.

I'm working on the latest Premiere Pro Version and my OS is MacOS Catalina 10.15.7

Cheers

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Gregory,
Can you please try to change the location(where the file is saved) and try to export the project again using the project manager?

You can also fix the batch issue by unchecking "Include Audio Conform Files" in the project manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already tried that, doesn't work either. And I need to export it on a external hard disk cause it's a lot of footage. 

Total is about 7TB and what I need can't be calculated in the Project Manager, that also doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Gregory,

We are working on a new product called PlumePack. It is aimed as being a "Premium Project Manager" : fully featured and without the bugs the actual Project Manager could have, so you could be interested !

For now this product is in Beta version (official release early 2021), so you can test it for free and send us feedbacks !

In your case,  with PlumePack you could (your choice)

• Choose to copy all files to new location (you can choose to copy only used footages / only active sequence)
  • Trim files to new location : it will remove frames not used in your timeline and you will save disk space ! The files will keep their original codec and quality, so it's a lossless process ! (No re-encoding). 

Here is a link for more information and apply to the Beta (You will receive a mail with download link after filling the form)

Best,

Nicolas from Autokroma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Nicolas,

Thanks for your answer, I've already applied yesterday cause I found this answer on another thread, but I haven't received an e-mail yet.. I just re-applied and waiting now for the e-mail. If that works, that would be amazing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks we are about to send the version Beta2. You should get the mail today or tomorrow.

Best,

Nicolas from Autokroma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines