Project manager sequences are very large

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefuly there's a very simple explanation for this because it seems something we as editors need to do all the time, but I have never had a very good experience with the project manager.  

I have a job with 1.5 Tb of footage, plus transcodes that I'd like to media mangage to the cloud.  To select just the :30 multicam sequence, project manager says will require over 200gb!  Even if I try to transcode to pro res LT (with 24, 12 or 2 frame handles),  it's still over 130 gb.  Can I not copy just the sequence with handles (apparently not becuase that's what the collect and transcode w/ handles option is for)?  But isn't there at least a way to take a :30 sequence and keep it under a reasonable file size--say 30gb?  Why would a :30 sequence with no handles still require 130GB of space? What is it looking at??  FYI, I've included a couple screen grabs of my project manager settings to show what I'm doing.

Thanks!

doug brown

TOPICS
Editing, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Project manager sequences are very large

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefuly there's a very simple explanation for this because it seems something we as editors need to do all the time, but I have never had a very good experience with the project manager.  

I have a job with 1.5 Tb of footage, plus transcodes that I'd like to media mangage to the cloud.  To select just the :30 multicam sequence, project manager says will require over 200gb!  Even if I try to transcode to pro res LT (with 24, 12 or 2 frame handles),  it's still over 130 gb.  Can I not copy just the sequence with handles (apparently not becuase that's what the collect and transcode w/ handles option is for)?  But isn't there at least a way to take a :30 sequence and keep it under a reasonable file size--say 30gb?  Why would a :30 sequence with no handles still require 130GB of space? What is it looking at??  FYI, I've included a couple screen grabs of my project manager settings to show what I'm doing.

Thanks!

doug brown

TOPICS
Editing, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done.  Do I need to update my post?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 12.05.27 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-18 at 12.05.04 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2020 0