Highlighted

Project Opens, But Freezes While Loading Footage

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everybody!

I'm having issues with several Premiere projects freezing in the loading phase. The project will fully open up, and text in the bottom left corner will say something like "Loading M:\[myfilepath] (### remaing)". Sporadically, Premiere will freeze while that number is counting down, requiring me to force close and try again. Sometimes it'll make it through the loading process, and then it works perfectly after that, but other times it won't. It doesn't freeze on any specific file, so it seems pretty random. It has happened on local projects and Team Projects alike. Here's my workstation specs:

Windows 10

Intel Xeon W-2155

Nvidia P500

512GB SSD for scratch drive and program files

10G ethernet connected network drive for project assets

Here's what I've tried:

- Clearing preferences.
- Clearing media cache.

- Completely uninstalling and reinstalling.

- I've tested it on all versions of Premiere, starting at 14.0.

I'm stumped. Any help would be appreciated.

edit: 10G ethernet, not gigabit ethernet

Topics

Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Project Opens, But Freezes While Loading Footage

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everybody!

I'm having issues with several Premiere projects freezing in the loading phase. The project will fully open up, and text in the bottom left corner will say something like "Loading M:\[myfilepath] (### remaing)". Sporadically, Premiere will freeze while that number is counting down, requiring me to force close and try again. Sometimes it'll make it through the loading process, and then it works perfectly after that, but other times it won't. It doesn't freeze on any specific file, so it seems pretty random. It has happened on local projects and Team Projects alike. Here's my workstation specs:

Windows 10

Intel Xeon W-2155

Nvidia P500

512GB SSD for scratch drive and program files

10G ethernet connected network drive for project assets

Here's what I've tried:

- Clearing preferences.
- Clearing media cache.

- Completely uninstalling and reinstalling.

- I've tested it on all versions of Premiere, starting at 14.0.

I'm stumped. Any help would be appreciated.

edit: 10G ethernet, not gigabit ethernet

Topics

Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first, tell us your source properties and sequence settings.  generally, I don't think ethernet is recommended for project assets (bwdik).  Try copying to a local drive and see if that solves the problem.   If someone pipes up that gigabyte ethernet is sufficient, it might be an issues with how the ethernet is setup... if you've got an it administrator, you might throw the problem to him...  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is mostly 1080p and 4k MP4, but it can vary. The projects I've had issues with are a mix of MP4s, RED footage, and Quicktime files. I've passed the idea by the IT team that maintains the server setup for us, and they don't have any answers for me. I mispoke earlier, and I'm pretty sure the ethernet link to our server is actually 10 gig. From what our IT team said, there are some large media companies using the same type of setup. We've been working on this same setup for about 3 years and we've never had this issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try copying the media to a local drive and see if things work better...

Also, you might try taking the media offline and see if the project
loads properly. If so, you can gradually relink the media and see if
and when the problem recurs. Could be a corrupt project, corrupt
media or a problem with the path of the media on the server.

and have you tried a proxy workflow. 4k and red footage can take some
heavy lifting.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines