• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Stuck When Rendering or Exporting both in Premiere and AME

New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have a 30 minute video - nothing insanely complicated, 5/6 different camera sources, some 4K, some 1080p, all imported in a 30FPS 2K sequence. Edited with proxies, all dandy, go to export and I cannot get it to export. Everytime I export is gets stuck on a different %, tried with AME and same of it getting stuck at certain points, but never fully consistent where

Thus far this is what I've tried:

- Checking if the export catches on a certain clip (it doesn't)

- Changed export settings - everything from my normal preset to just match source high bitrate

- Global muted all FX

- Tried rendering in to out of different sections of the video - sometimes this works for part of it, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes a section that rendered fine will then get stuck when trying to render again

- Reverted back to previous update of Premiere

- Clean install of Premiere

- Cleared Media Cache

- Tried rendering just the original video sources in their native sequences - still tripping up randomly

Really at my wits end now - everytime it gets stuck I have to force end the application via task manager and I'm going to start seeing if I can export it one minute at a time to see if I can find the problem clip that way but I'm not convinced there is one at this point.

Computer specs:

Windows 10 64-bit

Dell XPS 8940

Intel Core i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2904 Mhz, 8 Cores, 16 Logical Processors

Installed Ram 16GB

Premiere 15.2 (have tried on 15.1 also)

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean install of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver).

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

So I've tried all of these with no luck - further info on when it fails/not fails:

- I've been able to export sections of the project 10,000 frames at a time

- Sometimes these fail through either endlessly being stuck on a frame (always different), crashing AE or crashing my entire computer

- Sometimes when these fail on certain sections, I can still render them, and sometimes they can still export - it just seems chance whether they do or not rather

- Currently I've exported 2/3 of the projects although it's taken me nearly 2 days - I've just had to export a section and hope it bounces, if it doesn't then a I reduce the selection and try again...

Could this be my PC bottlenecking? It currently is maxing out at 100% CPU usage and between 70%-100% Memory usage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob

All editing is done on a native Data drive (seperated from my operations drive) - I don't know the exact details (this is my work computer and I didn't set it up) but it's 2TB with 1TB free.

The drive's main contents is my Premiere projects really nothing else - Media Cache has been cleared and is automatically cleared often!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HDDs or SSDs?

Internal or external?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Internal HDD for my Data Drive, Internal SSD for my OS Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Data Drive should be an SSD also. That wouldn't prevent exporting, however.  It would just slow it down

How full are those drives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah unfortunatley I've requested a better computer setup with SSD and more RAM from my company, but there's not the budget currently it seems...

The Data SSD has another 1TB roughly left, the other has 175GB free of 458GB

I've managed to now export the whole video in 5000 frame chunks - a lot of them took multiple attempts, sometimes tripping on a random frame and crashing the whole program but then when I'd try again it would be fine.

Interestingly, I copied the files over to my laptop (slightly better specs) and that's also failed exporting three times in a row at very random spots

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines