Project Template Is MIssing Folders. WHYYYYYYY????

Participant ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there folks, so I have a strange issue: 

I like a certain folder layout for new projects, so I made my own template project with my desired folder structure, and I import this every time I setup a new project.

However not all the folders I create in my template appear when imported into a new project. As you can imagine, there is much wailing and gnashing of teeth, and renting of garments.

If you look below at my audio folder for example, it has subfolders 2 and 4 (MSX/Music and MIX/Mixes respectively) but in my original template, my folder structure is 1. VO, 2, MSX, 3, SFX, 4, MIX

I have no idea why Premier decides to leave folders out on import of this template project but I'm hoping the community or Adobe could help solve this. 

I also tried stuffing each folder with a single file like a piece of black video or an empty title object (in the template project version), just to see if the folders were being ignored because they're empty, but the results are just arbitrary 😕

Thanks In Advance

project folder sample.png

TOPICS
Import, User interface or workspaces

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021
You have to have at least one file that PrPro "recognizes" in each folder for PrPro to import the folder.   So ... you need to have 'dummy' media in every folder that doesn't already have something in it. Then delete that when you add the proper items to it.   Neil

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to have at least one file that PrPro "recognizes" in each folder for PrPro to import the folder.

So ... you need to have 'dummy' media in every folder that doesn't already have something in it. Then delete that when you add the proper items to it.

Neil

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response Neil, however I've tried this to no avail (see attached). Though I'm using Premier generated files, not external files. I might try that now - using an external jpg or something

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not in the OS just copy the 'template' project name it as you wish and move it to where you want it and open the project and go...

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FML - I just tried using an external but offline file as the 'folder filler' and this time even MORE folders were MIA, like 70% of my folders in the tree just failed to appear.

I swear the harder I try the more this hates me.....

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, successfully managed to make this work by stuffing a dummy file that is a real external file in every folder - per your suggestion, thank you! 

Dummy file for giggle tax....

Berniemittens Tribble.jpg

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a number of templated project setups. All with a short .wav file as the dummy file, and ... never had it not accept the folder. But PrPro can be capable of giving users a "unique" experience. Ahem. (Rarely a good thing ... )

Neil

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines