• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project window not opening & "Error parsing properties list from memory"

Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My soft: macOS 10.12.6; Pr 2019 (13.0.2)

Problem description:

1. Pr crushed and workspace was different when reopened.

2. After reopening, kept getting the error message "Error parsing properties list from memory".

3. Tried to open the project window and Pr kept crushing.

4. Deleted Pr properties (holding alt key while opening) and runed First Aid in Disk Utility. Nothing changed.

Thank you for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Hi Kevin, thanks for the follow up. I finally opened an auto saved file created before the issue had arisen and it opened OK. Just lost some minutes of work but it was OK.

Thanks,

Javier

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi javierc14641708,

Sorry for the crash issue. As you are on Mac OS, hold the Option key while launching the app to reset Preferences.

Here are the steps: FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro?

Please try the step and let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vidya, thank you for your answer. As I mentioned on 4., I already did that, but with no positive results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

, Try resetting the Workspaces:

Reset a workspace

Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.

1. Do one of the following:
    • Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
    • Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bro i have solution go to windows viruses and threats and off real time prodection and restart the premeior pro and check the workshop insha allah i will be working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked, had the same problem. Thanks for your solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi javierc14641708,

You held "Alt Key" to reset the preferences. But, as you are on Mac OS, the modifier is "Option Key".

Please hold Option Key while launching and check the issue.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There

The 'Option' Key is the 'Alt key'.

I'm having the same problem with this, neither of these fixes worked.  I'm working on PP CC 2019 v.13.02, High Sierra 10.13.4.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, in my keyboard at least, the Alt key is the Option key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

javierc,

Still having issues or are you clear of them? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, thanks for the follow up. I finally opened an auto saved file created before the issue had arisen and it opened OK. Just lost some minutes of work but it was OK.

Thanks,

Javier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too just started having this issue on a project I received from another editor.

I am unable to open the project file.

I have held down the option key while relaunching the app.

I still am unable to open the project. I also, do not have an autosave of the project at this point.

Any resolution or other items I should try. Otherwise, I will be forced to rebuild the project from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same exact problem. Premiere refuses to open the Project window and I get the parsing error.

Everything was fine until about 30 minutes ago. None of these fixes are working.

MacOS 10.14.1

Premiere 13.0.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, changing the Workspace layout causes the whole thing to crash now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, same here. I'm getting the crashing, when I try to change workspace.

Jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset workspace, I mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

partfourrl,

Sorry about the problem. Try this: error parsing properties list from file in premiere pro cc 2017

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The system I am on is a mac, after adjusting for that I tried the suggestion and it didn't work.

I then called Customer Support back, long story short here was the "fix" that worked and enabled me to open the project and get back to work. Since my platform is a mac, Windows users will have to perform the same using the Windows equivalent. 

Launch app with "Option" key on. (This resets preferences as people have suggested. )

Close app.

Launch app and open offending project. (I had the project open, but could not see any bins, media or sequences at this point)

Select the default "Editing" workspace.

Save the project.

Close App.

Open app, then open Project.

Once I did this, I had the project back and could see all media, sequences, bins etc.. I then configured the workspace for me, saved the workspace as a new workspace.

Since that time I have been editing without additional interruptions.

Hope this helps those who may have run into the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate you letting us know what worked for you, digividkid.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, wrote a post in this forum - having issues with my project all week, unsure how to resolve. Have cleared prefs and tried other things, but getting buggier and buggier as I keep moving forward. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i love man

thanks very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, co., I am having this same issue, all week this week. Every day I spend 30mins trying to re-open auto-save versions of my project file. After 6-7 attempts, the problem seems to disappear, and I'm able to open the most recent project file, from within the project. But still have the error in question showing in the red bottom right dialogue box. And now when I try to change workspaces, I get an immediate shutdown. During editing the system has also begun freezing and shutting down with the same generic error.

I am on a late 2014 iMac icore7 with 32gigs ram, running off of external Lacie Thunderbolt 2 drives.

Never had this issue before. I am editing a feature now, and if it continues, by next week I will switch to resolve and cancel my membership. This is wasting so much time and causing me sleepless nights worrying about corrupt project files.

Ryan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having the same exact issue. It's been going on for a few days now. The "Error Parsing properties list from memory" message comes up and I crash. Then, when I re-open the project, it either opens with no visible project panel that when I attempt to open from the window list crashes the project or it just doesn't open at all and crashes Premiere. It also crashes occasionally as mentioned above when I got to "Reset to Saved Layout" and from that point on corrupts the project. I spoke to tech support and actually gave them control of my machine so that they could clear prefs and all that stuff.  I also sent them one of my corrupted projects and had them some a couple back to try to open to no avail. They weren't able to fix my problem but said they were going to contact me. This is why I'm replying here because obviously this is a common problem. This is a pretty major issue and am hoping it is fixed soon. Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 3.58.04 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Lounjay, I got around this on my own, as no one is responding in this forum for whatever reason. I had the exact same error messages as you. I would have to open my projects (auto-saves) for 7-10 times before one would finally open properly. And then I would re-save and hope it would continue. But each time I closed PPro and re-opened, I would get that issue, for a week solid.

My best solution was to open a new project in PPro, then import that old project file  - all of it - into that new project. That saved me from any of these errors for about a week, and I was feeling good. Then the errors returned just the other day. Now I just keep my fingers crossed and hope someone will post a solution/update here.

Very uncool that the program is this buggy over nothing.

Good luck to you and others!

Ryan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ryan,

My work around is similar with some slight exceptions. I found the most recent edit project that will open cleanly and created that as my safe master. I then go to my latest crashed project through the media browser and import my most recent sequences to continue from where I left off. When I do work in my new project I avoid changing my layout as that has been one of the catalysts for the Error message and crash to occur. It's crazy that my projects become totally corrupt but still allow me to navigate them through the media browser. What's crazier is that the project files themselves become corrupted to the point that, when attempting to open them, Premiere crashes and won't even open. If I get any updates from the tech team I will post them here as they were stumped yesterday and said that my issue was being forwarded to a senior tech member.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines