• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Window Stuck Off-Screen. Any ideas?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-- I'm running Premiere Pro CC 2018 on a macbook pro 15" running High Sierra 10.13.3 --

I had previously opened Premiere at home with my dual monitor setup. Now I'm on the road and when project opens the top windows are off-screen:

Screen Shot 2018-02-10 at 8.01.40 PM.png

When I select a different window arrangement, it gets worse:

Screen Shot 2018-02-10 at 8.02.05 PM.png

I can drag the bottom of the window and resize it but I can't get to the top to arrange it.

Screen Shot 2018-02-10 at 8.02.23 PM.png

Here's how I have attempted to fix it:

- Hooked up an additional monitor. When monitor is attached I can move windows, but the moment I unplug monitor, the windows go back to original off-screen position (no matter where I had placed them while add'l monitor was running).

- I uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere. Same problem as before.

- I restarted Premiere while holding the option key (to trash preferences). Problem still there.

- I created a new project. No change in problem.

Anybody have a good idea? Thanks!

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

SOLVED: Using a finder window I searched for "Layouts" and found the Premiere Pro layouts folder. I deleted all files inside that. When I restarted my windows were back to normal. (All my previously saved custom workspaces were gone, so I made new ones.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast , Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Command+\ worked for me, just brings the entire app to take up the whole screen (in Premiere), easy. THIS is the correct answer. The answer that is marked correct requires you to delete your preferences which is totally unecessary. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

I waited until I got home and plugged my laptop to the monitor, opened
Premiere, then drug the pop up window to my laptops screen. I restarted my
laptop and since then it’s been working just fine. I guess my laptop didn’t
register being disconnected to the monitor for some reason?

Anyway, thanks for taking your time to give me that suggestion though. If
it happens again I’ll try that way and see if it works for me! 👍🏼

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EUREKA!!!! I HAVE THE ANSWER! LoL

Put your curser on the edge you CAN see, hold down the SHIFT button while dragging the edge inward. It will shrink the entire pasteboard! Keep dragging until the bottom right corner is back in view. I was struggling with this ALL day, then my wonderful IT guy happened to call and told me what to do. YaY!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that if I just open a new doc that it pops in the correct place then I just scroll down to my missing file on the Windows menu and my missing file appears as a tab also. Then I just delete that new file I made. Pretty quick. I didn't like the sound of searching for folder, deleting files and rebuilding my workspace settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you don't have an edge you can see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the definitive correct answer. Fast, easy, doesn't mess with your prefs. THANKS !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if anyone else finds it incredible that so many of the "solves" for Premiere problems are things like this one:  "problem solved, but I had to completely remake my workspaces."  I know I shouldn't write to this forum when it's late in the evening and I just want to go home but Premiere did FILL-IN-THE-BLANK therefore making my night longer and my work flow a frustrating mess, but for god's sake, Premiere sucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the frustration. Make sure you let your feelings known on User Voice where your complaint may be heard by the actual devs of the app. It's mainly users here, sandefilms, so complaints to Adobe devs are largely unheard here. 

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the info, thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read this in the AE forum with the same problem and an Adobe Employee posted this:

@Stefan Gruenwedel wrote:

This happens to me on occasion as I move from large monitor to laptop while on the go. Just press Command+\ (macOS) and everything will snap into view on the smaller monitor. I assume Control+\ does the same thing in Windows. This works in Premiere Pro too.

Also, I found this. It might work with PR:

@Byron Cortez wrote:

1) Close After Effects.

2) Set your screen at resolution you want.

3) Shft  + Alt + Cmd immediately when you click in application icon to run it, clic OK.

With this action you clear the preferences and when AE opens it's gonna be ok in fullscreen.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Command+\ worked for me, just brings the entire app to take up the whole screen (in Premiere), easy. THIS is the correct answer. The answer that is marked correct requires you to delete your preferences which is totally unecessary. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

COMMAND   \     worked for me too. Thank you trashcaneron !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Premier pro window suddenly vanished off screen.    As soon as I tried Command + \ ,  it worked and appeared normally in my window for me.  I am using Macbook pro and the 2022 / 2023 version of Premier Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines