• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Won't Open in Premiere Pro 14.7!

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a terrible update. Most unstable version of the software i've ever used. Just did a clean install on my (2018) macbook pro 16 inch and it didn't even help. I think I'll just switch to resolve at this point.

Where are my label colors in the project window? Why can't I open a big project straight from the project file? (I first have to make an untitled empty premiere project and then go to 'open project' to be able to open my biigger project. And it's with every project like that). Video playback just doesn't work sometimes. A lot of random crashes when doing simple tasks.. and lots and lots more. I feel like i could write a book with my frustration of this "pro" software. I can't even trust the software if a director sits next to me because it's that unstable.

I don't understand how a billion dolar company with a monopoly in creative software like that could deliver such an unfinished product to their customers and let us pay 60 dollars per month for it, it's shameful!

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with opening files. If I open by double clicking on the project file, Premiere attempts to open then just hangs. The only way to open existing projects is to create a new untitled project, let Premiere fully open then open the project from Premiere. I'm on Premiere Pro 14.7, Mac OS Catalina. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

there is no way we can reasonably expect adobe to test premiere on all the possible variations of equipment that's out there and all the varieties of other programs installed on those systems that may have some role in creating the problems.   Adobe does certainly not have a monopoly on video editing software.  I've done plenty of work in Resolve and think it's a superior app for color correction, but a mediocre video editing app.  And many people are using the latest update without issues.   If you're having issues with the latest update, revert to the version that you were previously using.  If you just want to vent... go ahead.  If you want help in solving the problem, we're here to help.  for the most part, we are not adobe employees here.  

For example, people here have reported that rather than opening a project created in an earlier version of the software, that if you create a new project and import rather than opening the old project, that will solve the problem.  Certainly worth a shot...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines