Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Projects and sequences get closed when switching between Workspaces

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello dear Adobe Community,

It's been a long time I'm struggling with this problem and I cannot wait more for this to be fixed as I'm always working on multiple projects in the same time.

For example, I'm currently working on ten different projects that I need to be open in the same time in Premiere Pro, as I'm constantly switching from one sequence to another through all those projects (This helps me to copy/paste effects and so on).

I don't know why it's doing this but when I have all those projects open with their sequences and that I decide to switch from one of my custom workspace into another custom one: the software is randomly closing projects and sequences, and it only keeps some of them open into project/sequence panels.

That's really annoying, this means I always have to open them by myself one after another every time I need to change my workspace...

Being able to change from one workspace to another is a powerful tool but in those cases, it destroys my all workflow.

Is there any fix to that?

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if you switched to using Premiere Pro Productions would help you with this. It was built to help with multi-project workflows. https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2020/04/14/introducing-productions-in-premiere-pro.html#gs.s67x1r

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I have never heard about Premiere Pro Productions before, it looks amazing!

I've just tried it. Unfortunately, it does not fix the issue.

Premiere Pro respond the exact same way I explained before ; sequences and projects get randomly closed when switching workspaces.

I encountered this issue on different machines, so I do not think it's due to my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in windows OS kernals are used to open more than one program at a time... basically the computer is saying, " oh, I have to open another program, so I have to pretend I am more than one computer ( kernal ? ).

This works pretty good for simple stuff but with editing the resources needed get very demanding on your computer memory, resources, etc. I think.

If you are openening 10 projects at a time to edit ten movies at the same time I am astounded at your brilliance to be a creative editor !

Maybe keep it down to only editing 2 movies at once and see how that goes ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had this issue for years, and productions is no different. I routinely 'Reset to Saved Layout', and have it hotkeyed, but it will randomly close a bunch of timelines, and move my project panels to different areas, even if I am resetting to the same layout with minial space adjustments. It's something I have gotten used to, but it is a problem. However, it should not be closing projects. It may be causing a 'ghost project', where a project is open, but can only be seen when going to Window>Projects>. There, you might see the project open without a checkmark, indicating that premiere has closed the panel in stead of moving it, but the project remains open and hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines