• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Projects disappeared on premiere pro after moved files from hard drive to external drive.

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I think I just made a big boo boo. I spent months working on a movie and I exported it and it was great. But I was going to save it into clips before I exchanged my macbook air for a new computer.  In order to return it I needed to get all files off the hard drive to the external drive - or so I thought. I did it out of order

I opened premiere pro 2 days ago, all was fine I started saving the clips, and then tonight I had to close the project because of an error.

Then being a novice, I started moving files to external drive, as that had not been a problem with media files previously, they program located them. But now when I go to premiere pro it's as if I've never made a project before. Yikes.

And when I got to open a project it takes me to the finder and wants me to select where to open the file and I have no idea.  Plus for some reason my computer saved several folders that say the same thing so I'm extra confused.   I'm taking everything from my trash and putting it back on the document folder just to be safe. Any help would be great please to restore all of this. Thank you!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?