• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Projects in Productions with sequences/timelines hangs on opening in 14.6

Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've encountered this issue on both on my home computer and work computer where any project I open with timelines inside a production will hang at opening forever. This is after I created a new production in 14.6, created new projects and imported old project assets into them, trashed plugin caches and preferences and run any Mac OS cleaning utility software. Projects that don't have timelines will open just fine but once I try to open a project with timelines it hangs on opening.I'm not sure if I have a setting in my preferences causing issues or if it is a third party panel like those from AEScripts or Red Giant.

This has cost me a ridiculous amount of time and I don't understand why I'm troubleshooting the software more than using it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The public beta seems to have resolved this issue.

Mac OS 10.14.6

Premiere Pro CC 2020 14.6

iMac late 2013

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

There are a few things with Premiere project files hitting some subsets of users with 14.6, so I'm wondering if it is wiser for many users to stay with 14.4 for now?

You should be able to simply use the CC Desktop to go to a previous version.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather puzzling as I've been working in Productions mode since it came out ... and I strongly urge all Premiere users to do likewise.

And I've never heard of this. If you create a new project, and do everything from scratch without importing any sequences from an earlier project, do you get this?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From my experience, Productions was solid until after 14.4. That's when I started getting the label colors bug and now this issue. I created a new project, imported the sequences from the old project and got it to open. But anytime when I opened the project after quitting Premiere is when this issue seemed to happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There  seem to be mnay issues with some projects not opening...try searching in the forum. I suspect they have an underlying csuse, but I have no idea what it might be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a few things with Premiere project files hitting some subsets of users with 14.6, so I'm wondering if it is wiser for many users to stay with 14.4 for now?

You should be able to simply use the CC Desktop to go to a previous version.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like I'll have to do that again. 14.6 seemed stable enough but who knows. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rolling back to 14.4 seem to fix the issues. I really hope updates past 14.6 are more stable. I know it has something to do with CEP/UI change but I would hate for the next update to have a feature that can help my workflow and not be stable enough to open projects in Productions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand.  I'm working Productions in bothe 14.6 and public beta without any serious issues on my Windows desktop or laptop. I hope the next update works better for you.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines