Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Projects with duplicate IDs in Production panel

Participant ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I'm new to the production panel. I created a new production and imported 4 existing projects into it to try and get to know this new workflow option. I'm getting an error notice that there are 2 projects in the production folder that have duplicate IDs. Is this referring to some aspect of the project itself or to particular assests within the project that are duplicated across the projects?

The warning directs me to a "Duplicate Projects list.txt" file in the Production folder. Which just names the 2 projects that supposedly have duplicate IDs.

Any thoughts?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

First, it's helpful to have their 22 page Reference pdf for Productions, which gives information on quite a few things ...

Productions reference pdf

If you're getting that notification, the reason they give you a list is because you need to check the two project files. Each project file needs to have a specific ID, and somehow those two projects have the same ID.

So you need to open and look within the two project files. If there are differences of what is included,  remove one from the prod

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, it's helpful to have their 22 page Reference pdf for Productions, which gives information on quite a few things ...

Productions reference pdf

If you're getting that notification, the reason they give you a list is because you need to check the two project files. Each project file needs to have a specific ID, and somehow those two projects have the same ID.

So you need to open and look within the two project files. If there are differences of what is included,  remove one from the production and maybe re-add it back in so that it gets added correctly with its own project ID, or simply delete one if they are a direct copy of each other.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked. Thank you.

I made of a copy of one of the projects in a folder that was not the Production folder as a back up. Then within Premiere I moved that project to the trash. Then I deleted the trash folder in the Explorer, which deleted it within Premiere. Then imported the backed up copy of the projet, which copied it back into the Production Folder. Now I no longer get the error.

And thank you for the reference pdf as well.

Best,
Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have gone through the production reference document. 'make a copy' works. 
I went through premiere pro scripting guide. There is no attribute/method for production object for 'make a copy' to acheive this with scripting. 'saveAs' exists in project object, but this will again lead to duplicate ids.

Any solutions for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This workaround works, of course, and thank you, but since it's Adobe Premiere that's assigning project IDs, and not me, what's going on here? Even with projects I create from scratch within a production, they are getting duplicate IDs. Adobe, YOU have a problem and your little red triangles that direct us to the list of your mistakes is anything but helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This site is a user-to-user help place with oversight by the product support staff. To post something directly to the engineer/developers, please post this in detail on their UserVoice sytem.

As you're talking to mostly other users like me, not to "Adobe" when posting on this site.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines