• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

proper method of mismatched format from files to blu-ray??

Engaged ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for starters, i contributed to the Encore Mango user feedback development cycle in late 2011-2012, so i'm no slouch when it comes to using encore and getting great results.

so my assetts, the source files and all coresponding sequence were all 1080p60, and the target export is 1080i29.97 (uff) for blu-ray.... i don't USUALLY work with mismatched media, but this case i am.

what i am curious is.... si there any difference in quality between
1) setting the sequence to match the source files, and using encoder to convert it to your desired deilerable format (what i initially did)
2) have the sequence match your deliverable format, and disregard the mismatch format error in premiere?? (what i may end up having to do for my sanity)

if i set it up as 1080p60 sequence, then export to 1080i29.97 blu-ray assetts, my chapter markers come into encore being off a few frames, which creates a huge headache. so naturally i want my sequence to match the export so the chapter markers are exact.

just not sure what the proper method is in this case as for video quality... cause premiere gives me a mismatch error, so it kind of makes me think that may not be the best method???

edit: no idea why my user name isn't my name like it shows in my profile settings... but here we are. lol

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with 1080p50 footage and do always edit it on a 1080p50 timeline in Premiere Pro and export as 1080i25 UFF and that works perfectly. My chapter markers work without issues.

In my example i edit 50 frames and export to 25, so i make sure to set the chapter markers *only* on even frames, such as 00, 02, 04, 06, 08, 10, etc, etc. I do the same thing for cut points as well since having the video cut at frame 07 will degrade the cutpoint in the exported 25 fps footage. Maybe worth trying?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2160p25 footage exported to 1080i25 without issue.

There is a bug in the profile settings: I can have your name change to what ever you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

so i make sure to set the chapter markers *only* on even frames, such as 00, 02, 04, 06, 08, 10, etc, etc. I do the same thing for cut points as well since having the video cut at frame 07 will degrade the cutpoint in the exported 25 fps footage. Maybe worth trying?

that may be the issue. cause i just set my chapters either where cuts are, or the scene changes, or whatever. i don't pay any mind what frame number it is. but i noticed some chapter markers were off by as many as 6 frames.

There is a bug in the profile settings: I can have your name change to what ever you want.

my profile reads should be KeithClark. *shrug*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines