• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ProRes Banding

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2020 is still banding ProRes upon export. Everytime. Seems to be an issue as far back as CS6. You can see it in the WAVform when comparing to the OCM.

its created a problem oftrust  for exporting anything as ProRes. Exporting in AE, Avid or Resolve proRes is fine. ProRes is the most widley accepted format. How has this seemily minor bug still not been patched and is there a solution in sight?

Its forcing us to output finals on other NLE's . Love Premiere, but please fix. This is crazy.

TOPICS
Export , Formats , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen this myself. What is the source footage you're exporting -- I assume it's clean of banding before export, yes?

Have you tried all the flavors of ProRes? There are many options now, including XQ.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's 2021 and Premiere still introduces horrendous banding in exports to ProRes and even DNX. I've spent hours chatting and troubleshooting with the support team and they are unable to offer a solution that solves it. I have the same exact issue on both PC and Mac platform. AE, Davinci, Scratch all render perfect ProRes, Premiere is unable to do it. It's pathetic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines