• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ProRes RAW footage - very red tonemapping

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! I am shooting with an A7S III, recording ProRes RAW on a Ninja V. When I import this footage into Premiere Pro, it is incredibly red. I tried every combo below:

• Setting the Source Colour space in Premiere Prores RAW settings to BT709 and Slog3Cine

• Applying the official Sony Slog3 to Rec709 LUTs on the clip

• Changing sequence colour management between Rec709 and HLG and PQ

All I get are different amounts of red, and completely unusable footage.

When shooting, I monitor the footage on the Ninja using one of the Sony Slog3/Cine to Rec 709 LUTs, and it looks perfect. The LUT is not burned in, and the footage looks like regular washed out raw without the LUT. The footage is also output perfectly fine to an Atomos Sumo and a Blackmagic Video Assist, no redness with or without LUT applied.

In fact, I can re-record the footage from the Ninja on any other monitor, in Prores 422 or whatever "normal" codec, and it's fine.

I have loaded the footage into Assimilate Scratch and it looks fine. SLog3 footage recorded internally using the camera's XAVC codecs look fine, as does Prores 422 recording.

So the problem must be between ProRes RAW and Premiere. It is simply a tonemapping issue. Has anybody come across a problem like this? Any solution?

I am using latest version of Premiere Pro, on Windows 10.

TOPICS
Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's an Apple ProRes RAW file/app you need to download/install on Windows to get it playing correctly.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil, that's already downbloaded. The one that enables Prores RAW settings in the Source file effects control, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea. Wonder what's broken on yours? I was just into some P-R RAW media yesterday, it was fine on my Win machine.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shot a lot of test footage prior to this project just to make sure, and it was all fine. I think it must be something I changed between tests and project. The only thing I can think of between then is that I set a LUT to monitor on the Ninja. The LUT was not active during recording, but I do see a reference to it in the file metadata... 

Here is a random outtake from the project that shows the redness problem in Premiere, in case you can figure something out!

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjNRykCH_Ch_kY8Mpz04AWw4CRXhvw?e=dt27SY [link to file on my personal OneDrive]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try and test that back in the shop on Monday.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experience this issue as well, did you find any solution to it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i saw another thread that if you disable the onboard igpu, it forces premiere to use your exernal graphics card. also, do you have color management setup correctly and cuda enabled in renderer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines