Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ryzen 3950x

Geforce 3070 8Gb VRAM

128gb RAM

Aorus 2TB PCIE 4 NVME SSD

NVIDIA RTX STUDIO Driver

I keep getting this error from Premiere "Frame substitution recursion attempt". and it prevents me from having any visual playback.
I can not switch to software rendering because it can not handle ProRes Raw smoothly. Even with proxies on my RAW riles, it still comes up (not to mention working with proxies on PRRaw files is a nightmare due to exposure)

I have cleared my cache and reinstalled premiere. I have even reinstalled windows, and it still is persisting. Also, sometimes when this happens PP freezes and I have to manually close it in the task manager.

I am sometimes able to edit for maybe 20 minutes with incredibly smoothness and then this error pops up and i have to trouble shoot for an hour.

I spent over 5k specifically to build this editting monster and cant finish a single project on it currently because of what feels like Premieres terrible bugs. Please advise.

Thanks to all who can help

Screenshot (1).png

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

ProRes RAW not working correctly "Frame substitution recursion attempt"

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ryzen 3950x

Geforce 3070 8Gb VRAM

128gb RAM

Aorus 2TB PCIE 4 NVME SSD

NVIDIA RTX STUDIO Driver

I keep getting this error from Premiere "Frame substitution recursion attempt". and it prevents me from having any visual playback.
I can not switch to software rendering because it can not handle ProRes Raw smoothly. Even with proxies on my RAW riles, it still comes up (not to mention working with proxies on PRRaw files is a nightmare due to exposure)

I have cleared my cache and reinstalled premiere. I have even reinstalled windows, and it still is persisting. Also, sometimes when this happens PP freezes and I have to manually close it in the task manager.

I am sometimes able to edit for maybe 20 minutes with incredibly smoothness and then this error pops up and i have to trouble shoot for an hour.

I spent over 5k specifically to build this editting monster and cant finish a single project on it currently because of what feels like Premieres terrible bugs. Please advise.

Thanks to all who can help

Screenshot (1).png

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say you reinstalled Windows. Was that a clean install, wiping everything, and needing to reinstall everything? Or an in-place update/reinstall?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wiped everything but the Video Files, all the apps, drivers, etc were completely wiped and i had to reinstall everything

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 24, 2020 0
MyerPj LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't know of an option to wipe everything but video files. So, usually you backup everything on a different hard drive, .doc, .mp4, .jpg, .prproj, etc and then do a clean install. Then copy anything you want back. 

That's a very good test if you do a clean Windows install, then just install PP, and give it a try.

Also, before you redo anything. Do check in PP preferences Audio Hardware, set the default input to No Input. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 24, 2020 0