Prores RAW - Premiere CC, When!?

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have one question - When suport Premiere PRO CC new codec : prores RAW?

I don't use Final cut Pro
Thx for reply!

Hi all,

Looks like this heads our Top Ideas on the Uservoice platform (where users can engage with the Product Management)

I can see it is under consideration already. Please up-vote it: Premiere Pro: Top (904 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,

Rameez

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is ProRes RAW available yet for Premiere? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, with the "drop" tonight, the surprising news is that Apple's ProRes encoding is now available on PC's also ... so there's some major movement made.

However ... sounds like you're talking about using camera-created P-R RAW within the app?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if ProRes RAW & ProRes Raw HQ Codecs have been added to Adobe Premiere CC yet?   Seems like Adobe is falling behind if they cannot do this...  the future is here and as a video creator/editor, its an absolute must.  Really don't want to have to jump back to Final Cut

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No news. Nothing. Adobe will probably show up at this party when everyone is already on their way out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far, the only two products that are "in" are Atomos and FCP.

ProRes RAW isn't the miracle many might think.  For example, you don't get full access to the RAW controls you normally would, things like ISO, Color Temp, etc.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, from what I've seen it looks like ProRes "raw" is basically half-baked media rather than a fully baked compressed "normal" intraframe codec. A few more options but not much.

Is that essentially accurate in your experience? How would you explain it?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an odd duck, for sure.  Not truly RAW in the sense most professional would consider, yet still offering higher than ProRes quality at lower than typical RAW file sizes.

Personally, I think the new Blackmagic RAW is the more important option for the industry, offering smaller files with full access to RAW controls.

1 Like

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for including ProRes RAW!

With larger resolution files becoming more common, ProRes RAW would be a welcomed codec to work with. I am about to purchase a Panasonic EVA-1, which can shoot 5.7K RAW output to record ProRes RAW my Shogun Inferno monitor. Of course, the lack of ProRes RAW undercuts the value of my camera, providing big incentive to take another look at FCX. It's on Adobe to give some thought to this going forward, as video file sizes are not going to get smaller.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ProRes RAW and BRAW from the BlackMagic rigs would both be incredibly useful. For me, especially ... as I'm just finishing up rigging out my new BMPCC4K ...

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10/12/2019 - NO PRORES RAW? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

December 29, 2019 Still no ProRes Raw

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10.01.2020. not even a slight chance for ProRes Raw 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does Adobe not react? Since many month they say: in a future release you will get Pro Res Raw support...... when? I can pay every month, maybe I have to go to a Mac with Final cut pro..... leaving Adobe...... Not feeling appreciated as a customer because the tell you no progress!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Till today Nothing.. Got my Nikon Z7 upddated and Adobe premiere lol! !

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lets just hope it will come soon! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

February 12th now and still No Prores Raw.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now the end of February and no Pro Res Raw. At least share what the proposed time line looks like. Will it come out in the second Quarter?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By company policy, no employees for any of their programs are allowed to announce new features until they are ready to 'ship'. Apparently, perhaps partly due to concerns over being a publicly traded stock and not wishing to violate the sometimes arcane legal rules on affecting one's public perceptions for stock values, and partly just to make sure they don't promise something by X date and then can't deliver.

We'll see it when it ships, as always.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines