• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ProRes RAW to LOG... Legal or Full range?

Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the conversions for ProRes RAW to LOG in full or legal range, specifically the N-Log Option?

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe they would be in legal range ... as typically Premiere sticks to the previous 'standards' that only view specific format/codecs in 'full'. Nearly all are 12-bit formats, most often DPX, and including all straight RGB formats.

So unless you're dealing with a 12-bit image sequence or RGB file, I would assume limited or "legal".

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The footage I'm using is 12-bit ProRes RAW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm wondering if that is still YUV or RGB? As for YUV, as much 12-bit is, that's still 'limited'.

But this is a tricky question. I wonder if @TrentHappel might be available, as he would know or be able to get a specific answer quickly. And I'll ask some colorist friends, they tend to know this in their sleep.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines