Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ProRes RAW video could not be decoded - error message

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've just recorded some ProRes RAW footage via my Shogun Inferno and Adobe Premier Pro 2020 (updated today as noticed ProRes RAW support) and it directs me to the adobe.com/go/proresraw support page. I've checked and made sure all the settings are correct, but still getting the error after the restart.
Annotation 2020-05-19 152712.png
I'm using a AMD Threadripper 3970X, GeForce 1080ti etc. 
Tried on my MacBook Pro and works fine.

Anyone else experiancing this? I've been waiting for Pro Res RAW for ages. There is this resource that mentions I need Intel Graphics for NVENC support but doesn't say this for Pro Res RAW requirements.
TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Hi gordonmcnevin,

Sorry to hear about this. For ProRes RAW to import properly in Premiere Pro, please ensure that you have installed the latest NVIDIA driver for your GPU (https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/159423/en-us) and the Renderer is set to Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA) (under File>Project Settings> General). Also, please ensure that you have Apple ProRes RAW for Windows 1.1 installed. 
If you are still not able to import any ProRes RAW files, please sha

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is Not the case and ADOBE has got it all WRONG.

I upgraded to the latest NVidia GeForce 2080 driver, ensured usage of "CUDA"rendering for playback, installed Apple ProRes Decoder 1.3 and still getting the message that ProRes file cannot be decoded.

The files were made on the Panasonic EVA 1 cinema camera.

I have been a suscriber to the entire Adobe collection for a long time. Now I am starting to get annoyed, maybe move to Final Cut Pro if this is Not fixed ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upload a short clip to test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short Test Clip from Panasonic EVA 1.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing the decoder I was able to import the file.

I have 460.89 studio driver installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I will download the studio driver and install for the 2080 card.

I will post the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed studio driver 460.89.

I am using Apple ProRes Decoder 1.3.

Video Rendering and Playback is set to.. Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA).

It still does not Decode ProRes Raw files on import.

I am using a Dell gaming laptop with extender box  for graphics card 2080 8Gb of memory.

Premiere Pro version 14.9.0 (Build S2).

Still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Adobe, we need a solution for this 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My ProRes RAW files are not accessable with Premiere anymore as well. Adobe has no idea why. Yet. If anyone knows the solution how to get this working again, would really appreciate it. Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow - end of 2021 and I find the same errors that I am running into from 2020 --- so this error must be somehow old - but still I wonder how to get things done.
I am having the same issue on Windows.
Premiere Pro beta, 1.3 Prores for windows installed
AMD Processor and  AMD graphics as well.
I know - all the bad things - windows, AMD etc. But I cannot open RAW 8K from the atomos Ninja V+ recorded with Canon R5 at all.
It is a concert - cannot be repeated - so would really love to open the files... but seems impossible at the moment.
I really start driving myself crazy...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue in 2021. I've tried recommendations found on here with no luck. I have the 3080 Ti, WIndows 11, 64 GB RAM and the latest Premiere Pro 22 installed. Prores Raw for Windows 1.3 installed and can't get footage decoded. This is such a bummer. Please if anybody has any advice I'd greatly appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What processor? You mention the graphics card - but not the processor? Is it AMD? Because I think that´s the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's intel i7-11700K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ABSOLUTELY NOT solved.  Examples abound of different chip makers (Intel/AMD), vidoe card companies (NVidia/AMD), and even different operating systems (MAC and PC) not working.  I understand you don't make the Codec.  But since you, ATOMOS, SONY, DJI, and many others all charge customers for a product that USES said Codec, then you guys need to develop/standardize a version of this that is stable and DOES WORK.

The example I'd give is this.  If a company makes a faulty heart valve, then that company is at fault.  But if a hospital later continues to use that heart valve knowingly having been shown that it's unreliable, then that hospital is also responsible, and in some situation even more culpable.

If you're going to be the industry leader as a video editor, then you should be championing getting things fixed.  Not sweeping it under the rug, and marking things as "solved" when there is ample proof that it's not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another year has passed, nothing has changed. ProresRAW is still not displayable via AMD Radeon™ RX 6900 XT Graphics card. All Adobe, AMD, Apple and Nikon are not taking any responsibility in this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  I'm currently using Asus AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX, 64 GB Ram, Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 GPU.  I have followed all the instructions laid out by Sumeet Kumar Choubey.  I have updated everything that I can.  I'm ruinning the Nvidia Studio Driver Version: 516.93 to 22.5.0 (Build 62) Released of 07/26/2022.  I have the lastest Premiere Pro installed and updated to 22.5.0 (Build 62)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I have a typo and the system will not allow me to edit:  Should read...

I'm ruinning the Nvidia Studio Driver Version: 516.93 Released of 07/26/2022.  I have the lastest Premiere Pro installed and updated to 22.5.0 (Build 62)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here with Premier Pro Version 22.6.2

My config is:

Windows 11 version 22H2

AMD Ryzen 3950X

AMD Radeon Pro W6800 with driver version 22.Q3

Appel Prores version 1.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the same time with the same machine, ASSIMILATE PLAY PRO (trial version) works fine with ProRes Raw!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answe by Adobe is incorrect. I have been through this issue with Microsoft and Apple technicians and the correct answer to this is that Windows 11 does not support Apple Prores Raw yet. Apple has confirmed that they have not updated the 1.3 version driver  to make it compatible with windows 11. They have also confirmed that they do not know when they will be creating a updated driver. For your forseable future Windows 11 will not work at all with Apple ProRes Raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the issue happened like 3 years ago I was using Windows 10 and Nvidia GPU. When I switched to AMD GPU Apple ProRes Raw didn't work anymore (to AMD 6900XT). So that was not because of switching Windows. When I did switch to Win11, it was still not working.

And I believe it's still not working after years.... I didn't bother anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bros That's good news.

It wasn't the graphics driver issue, it wasn't the Adobe issue.

That's the way I worked it out.

If the graphics card driver has been updated and it doesn't work,

Go!
Windows device manager -> display adaptor ->
CPU Integrated graphics card driver delete or Disable device

Almost Users are Prores raw gonna be working fine.

If solved these problems with my tips,

(Link remove by Moderator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that did indeed work for me, but my systems runs choppy and in low resolution now. So not a permanent solution. What it shows is that the issue seems to be the onoard GPU and the dedicated GPU fighting each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man, you are a life saver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

running into 2023, this issue has not yet been solved??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines