Highlighted

ProRes RAW video could not be decoded - error message

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've just recorded some ProRes RAW footage via my Shogun Inferno and Adobe Premier Pro 2020 (updated today as noticed ProRes RAW support) and it directs me to the adobe.com/go/proresraw support page. I've checked and made sure all the settings are correct, but still getting the error after the restart.
Annotation 2020-05-19 152712.png
I'm using a AMD Threadripper 3970X, GeForce 1080ti etc. 
Tried on my MacBook Pro and works fine.

Anyone else experiancing this? I've been waiting for Pro Res RAW for ages. There is this resource that mentions I need Intel Graphics for NVENC support but doesn't say this for Pro Res RAW requirements.

Hi gordonmcnevin,

Sorry to hear about this. For ProRes RAW to import properly in Premiere Pro, please ensure that you have installed the latest NVIDIA driver for your GPU (https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/159423/en-us) and the Renderer is set to Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA) (under File>Project Settings> General). Also, please ensure that you have Apple ProRes RAW for Windows 1.1 installed. 
If you are still not able to import any ProRes RAW files, please share a download link for a sample ProRes Raw file to test it at our end.

Thanks,

Sumeet

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

ProRes RAW video could not be decoded - error message

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've just recorded some ProRes RAW footage via my Shogun Inferno and Adobe Premier Pro 2020 (updated today as noticed ProRes RAW support) and it directs me to the adobe.com/go/proresraw support page. I've checked and made sure all the settings are correct, but still getting the error after the restart.
Annotation 2020-05-19 152712.png
I'm using a AMD Threadripper 3970X, GeForce 1080ti etc. 
Tried on my MacBook Pro and works fine.

Anyone else experiancing this? I've been waiting for Pro Res RAW for ages. There is this resource that mentions I need Intel Graphics for NVENC support but doesn't say this for Pro Res RAW requirements.

Hi gordonmcnevin,

Sorry to hear about this. For ProRes RAW to import properly in Premiere Pro, please ensure that you have installed the latest NVIDIA driver for your GPU (https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/159423/en-us) and the Renderer is set to Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA) (under File>Project Settings> General). Also, please ensure that you have Apple ProRes RAW for Windows 1.1 installed. 
If you are still not able to import any ProRes RAW files, please share a download link for a sample ProRes Raw file to test it at our end.

Thanks,

Sumeet

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please embed screenshot in original post.

2020-04-21_16-37-27.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

done.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem!!

Followed all the settings, got latest drivers and all, same message!

I've shot some Prores RAW from my Nikon Z6 and Atomos Ninja V, It all plays fine in FCPX on my Mac. I've Installed the codec from Apple , checked all the settings in premiere etc etc..

Threadripper 2990WX & 2x2080ti's 64GB RAM, Nvme Drive, Win10Pro64.

Please help?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gordonmcnevin,

Thanks,

Sumeet

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest Nvidia Studio driver wich I need for Octane renderer does that play a role? Do I need the game driver?

Otherwise I;ll try and shoot something smaller and share with you because the file I've got is 11Gigs..

Edit:

Here's a file:

https://www.dropbox.com/t/ff6lnWoSyCYQjnEg 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded your clip as a test: this is what it does on Windows machine.

afbeelding.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 25, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have a chance to test the footage? Is it an AMD issue maybe? It looks like the Prores RAW codec is not installing or running properly..? Please advise .

Thank you,

Konstantinos

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sumeet - I actually installed the latest Apple ProRes RAW for Windows 1.1 and tried again and worked straight away! I must have had an earlier version installed from the BETA installed.

Thank you, it's now working! You're awesome!

konstantinosKOD - please try the same and let us know if this works for you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumeet, I'm having the same issue using a Macbook Pro (please see attached).

I'm on the latest update of Pr and macOS, please let me know what the solution is.

Thank you,

Ali

Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 1.48.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-10 at 6.52.16 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sumeet Kumar Choubey,

I was using ProRes RAW previously and everything was working until lately.  When I open PP (Which I'm Using Latest Version 14.6 (build 51)) Project that I have already been editing I get an error now (ProRes RAWnVideo Decode Issue. - ProRes RAW Video Could Not Be Decoded.  For More Information, See adobe.com/go/proresraw (File Path).  

RAWNW.PNG

See Images:

Latest ProRes RAW For Windows Decoder 1.33 - I removed it and downloaded it again then installed it and no success.

Latest PP 14.6 (build 51) - I uninstalled and went back to 14.4, then 14.5, and back to 14.6 and no success.

Latest Nvidia Driver for my GeForce Nvidia 1070 -  Nvidia Studio Driver 457.30

NvidiaDriver.PNGPRRFW133.PNG

I have made sure my render settings are proper as you have listed above

Mercury_Cuda.PNG

It is wrecking my brain to know i was editing the ProRes RAW with no problem then all of a sudden I'm not able to anymore.  Now that i think about it I did get a Windows update just a couple of days ago.  

Edit:  Looks like on  11/21/20 I got an update I include the update history log and the the update explained Screen Shot

WinUpdate.PNGUpdateEx.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was not able to uninstall the Win Update I listed above and so I restored my machine back to a later date before the update in question.  Now, PP can properly decode the ProRes RAW like before.  So I found my issue, thanks for your ear and I hope this may help someone.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 25, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing the Apple ProRes RAW for Windows 1.1 that Sumeet sugested worked for me! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 25, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that windows won't let me install the codec no matter what I do..!

the installation seems fine but the codec doesn't work! No antivirus software installed or anything..

Running out of options here.. what a bummer!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi konstantinosKOD,

Are the two RTX 2080 Ti connected using SLI? If so, please remove the SLI connection and check if the preview is getting restored. 

Thanks,

Sumeet

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 27, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeesss!!!! That did it!!! 😁😁
well there you go, sli is to blame! I hope they fix it in the future.. 

thanx so much for not giving up on my problem, you guys rock! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 27, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that. Feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 27, 2020 0