Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ProRes RAW video could not be decoded

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I get this error message all the time when I try to import any ProRes video into my Premiere Pro (v14.7 Build 23). In the timeline, it just shows a dark blue image (screenshot included)

My renderer is already in CUDA mode and I have updated windows 10 to its latest version. I have the most recent NVIDIA Studio Drivers version 460.89.

For reference, I am on a Razer Blade 15 Advanced Edition (2018) and using the Atomos Ninja V with the Sony A7siii.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm desperate! 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the Apple ProRes RAW Decoder installed on your machine, as per the article mentioned in your warning message?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil,

Here's a dropbox link to the video https://www.dropbox.com/s/ooeeiv7vqtxp2qq/NINJAV_S001_S001_T013.MOV?dl=0 

Thanks,

Corim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll check it out tomorrow morning.

Well ... or maybe tonight  before leaving the shop.

Imported and played back fine on my Win10 system.

Which leads me back to my last question ... have you installed the Apple ProRes Decoder application on your machine? As if you haven't, you wouldn't be able to work with ProRes RAW on a PC.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil,

Hmm that's really weird. Yeah I downloaded and installed the ProRes Codec from Apple for Windows 10 here. Downloaded from here: https://support.apple.com/kb/dl2033?locale=en_US

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh. Yea that's weird.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, corimdg.
Maybe your CPU does not support the avx2 instruction set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines