Prores RAW Workflow In Master Panel

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have recently been importing Prores Raw into PPCC (build 51).  Am I to understand that the master panel (when editing the Prore RAW) is where we are to take advantage of the flexibility of the the RAW container and not the video clip tab?  

I guess to be more specific, I'm wondering if editing in the video clip tab vs the master tab will produce any different results.  Im under the impression that all the beneficial information of the RAW container is in the Master Tab and there you have the flexible 12 bit information as well as converting to a codec.  So once I leave the master tab and jump back into the video clip tab to edit am I only able to edit the limited information that the codec has as oppose to being able to edit the 12 bit RAW in the Master Tab?

Also is there any literature on the workflow of the master tab when dealing with Prores RAW?

I hope this is not confusing to the reader.  Thank you for your help in advance.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?