Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prores RAW - Premiere CC, When!?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have one question - When suport Premiere PRO CC new codec : prores RAW?

I don't use Final cut Pro
Thx for reply!

TOPICS
Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Hi, shadowrun,

This format is supported in Adobe Premiere Pro 14.2 and later. See details in this post on the Premiere Pro Beta forum.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same question. This is a deal breaker on whether or not I'll stay with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, please implement ASAP! As a professional video creator, this is absolute top priority as a Premiere improvement right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Looks like this heads our Top Ideas on the Uservoice platform (where users can engage with the Product Management)

I can see it is under consideration already. Please up-vote it: Premiere Pro: Top (904 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on estimated timing of this? No pending Adobe Premiere feature is more important for me right now than this. Please expedite!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anny updates on this? I need to work with ProRes Raw files from a Shogun Inferno.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i have been chasing up customer care to find out when Adobe is going to run Pro res RAW. Its been like pulling teeth trying to get an answer from them and they constantly confuse ProRes RAW with ProRes 4444. This is the reply i received today.......

Hi Justin,

We apologize for this delay but we were checking with the engineering team  regarding your concern. Being said that we got to know that at this point of time the team has no plans to accept the native ProRes4444. We are really sorry for this sir.

Thanks & Regards,

Adobe Support

Seriously thinking about ditching Adobe now. Just can't be arsed with this half hearted response. I do not pay £45pm for this level of service and an outdated codec set and a reply where someone speaks poor english.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi blakekimmel and justinc71360784,

As you can see on the user voice platform, support for ProRes RAW is under review.

Sorry, I don't have a better answer as to when it will be added. But I'm sure it will be added in a future release.

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rameez,

Good to see your comment that you are "sure it will be added in a future release". Many, many Premiere Pro users would love to see this added, sooner than later. Please remind the developers, and thanks for listening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is ProRes RAW available yet for Premiere? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, with the "drop" tonight, the surprising news is that Apple's ProRes encoding is now available on PC's also ... so there's some major movement made.

However ... sounds like you're talking about using camera-created P-R RAW within the app?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if ProRes RAW & ProRes Raw HQ Codecs have been added to Adobe Premiere CC yet?   Seems like Adobe is falling behind if they cannot do this...  the future is here and as a video creator/editor, its an absolute must.  Really don't want to have to jump back to Final Cut

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No news. Nothing. Adobe will probably show up at this party when everyone is already on their way out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far, the only two products that are "in" are Atomos and FCP.

ProRes RAW isn't the miracle many might think.  For example, you don't get full access to the RAW controls you normally would, things like ISO, Color Temp, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, from what I've seen it looks like ProRes "raw" is basically half-baked media rather than a fully baked compressed "normal" intraframe codec. A few more options but not much.

Is that essentially accurate in your experience? How would you explain it?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an odd duck, for sure.  Not truly RAW in the sense most professional would consider, yet still offering higher than ProRes quality at lower than typical RAW file sizes.

Personally, I think the new Blackmagic RAW is the more important option for the industry, offering smaller files with full access to RAW controls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for including ProRes RAW!

With larger resolution files becoming more common, ProRes RAW would be a welcomed codec to work with. I am about to purchase a Panasonic EVA-1, which can shoot 5.7K RAW output to record ProRes RAW my Shogun Inferno monitor. Of course, the lack of ProRes RAW undercuts the value of my camera, providing big incentive to take another look at FCX. It's on Adobe to give some thought to this going forward, as video file sizes are not going to get smaller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ProRes RAW and BRAW from the BlackMagic rigs would both be incredibly useful. For me, especially ... as I'm just finishing up rigging out my new BMPCC4K ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10/12/2019 - NO PRORES RAW? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

December 29, 2019 Still no ProRes Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10.01.2020. not even a slight chance for ProRes Raw 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does Adobe not react? Since many month they say: in a future release you will get Pro Res Raw support...... when? I can pay every month, maybe I have to go to a Mac with Final cut pro..... leaving Adobe...... Not feeling appreciated as a customer because the tell you no progress!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Till today Nothing.. Got my Nikon Z7 upddated and Adobe premiere lol! !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lets just hope it will come soon! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

February 12th now and still No Prores Raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines