Highlighted

Proxies changing audio waveform

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm cutting an interview that was shot in 4K.  720 proxies were made in camera, which I've attached to the 4K media in Premiere. 

When I activate the proxies in my timeline, it changes the audio waveform that I see on my clips, and they no longer accurately reflect the audio that's being played.  If I turn off the proxies, the wave form switches back to an accurate representation, but then I'm dealing with the lag in response to hitting play. 

I've tried emptying my media cache and trashing my preferences, but neither seems to have helped.

Has anyone else encountered this?  Is there a workaround, or a way to maintain the accuracy of my waveform when switching to proxies?

Topics

Audio, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Proxies changing audio waveform

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm cutting an interview that was shot in 4K.  720 proxies were made in camera, which I've attached to the 4K media in Premiere. 

When I activate the proxies in my timeline, it changes the audio waveform that I see on my clips, and they no longer accurately reflect the audio that's being played.  If I turn off the proxies, the wave form switches back to an accurate representation, but then I'm dealing with the lag in response to hitting play. 

I've tried emptying my media cache and trashing my preferences, but neither seems to have helped.

Has anyone else encountered this?  Is there a workaround, or a way to maintain the accuracy of my waveform when switching to proxies?

Topics

Audio, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might do a test and create your own proxy based on the original media and see if that works better than the camera-created ones.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that seems to have solved the problem. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines