• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Proxies for MXF 2 channel audio used to work and is now not.

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I film with a Canon XF 400 on two audio channels. I edit with a Macbook pro in Premiere. The files are MXF. The proxy I used to use was the Quicktime proRes High Resolution Proxy. When I do it now it loses the audio and I cannot use it. The playback is very choppy if I dont use proxies. I called Adobe and let a guy take over my computer, and his fix was to lower the playback resolution... 🤦🏽‍:male_sign: How come this used to work and now it doesnt? Help is much appreciated! Do I need to change settings on my camera? Premiere? Desperately need help!!

Thanks!

TOPICS
Audio , Formats , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry you haven't gotten a response. It is better to bump this one than to start a new thread with less info.

What Mac OS?

What version of PR are you running? Did this work in the same version, or did the problem occur whenyou updated?

Does it work better if you lower resolution? (Was he talking about playback resolution, i.e. 1/4 etc.?)

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am Runnin Mac OS Big Sur 11.2.3

2.3 GHz 8 core Intel core i9

32 GGB 2667 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

running PP 15.1.0 It seems like it doesnt work on this version but it did before but I cant say for certain because I am not sure exactly when the update happened. I just know it worked all fall and winter and all a sudden it doesnt. 

Yes that was his "Fix" was to lower it to 1/4 playback. Didnt do a thing.

I've tried every which way to "Modify" the audio channel and one of the channels disappears after attaching the proxies. I've also tried every preset proxy as well.

Thanks for the reply and I apologize for making new threads I just didnt know how to keep asking and getting ignored. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem.

@Kevin-Monahan Seems similar to an issue I read about, but not my area....

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines