• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Proxy does not work

Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if I missed a post with this already...

Poxy files only work when the original is made "offline". You can test by manually attaching different proxy media to an orginal file, it plays the original untill it is made "offline"in my case...

This has driven me bonkers, there is no way a 2020 27imac, 3.3 GHz 6-Core, i5, 32Gb, with a AMD Radeon Pro 5300 4 GB cant play the small proxy files...? For all those who think their setups are poor, choppy even with proxy files, its not the case - proxy does not work (for me anyway)..?

Any help would be appreciated.... Am I doing something stupid...?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

I use proxy files at times, and never have a problem when toggling between them. Quite a few working proxy workflows routinely have either aspect ratio changes or watermarks in their proxies so they can see which is which. I don't see the point, really. I can glance at the icon and see if it's blue or gray.

So ... how are you creating the proxies? Does Premiere show the proxies as attached in the bin?

And you're toggling the icon in the Program monitor or using a keyboard short for that, rig

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use proxy files at times, and never have a problem when toggling between them. Quite a few working proxy workflows routinely have either aspect ratio changes or watermarks in their proxies so they can see which is which. I don't see the point, really. I can glance at the icon and see if it's blue or gray.

So ... how are you creating the proxies? Does Premiere show the proxies as attached in the bin?

And you're toggling the icon in the Program monitor or using a keyboard short for that, right?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil, I have made proxy files on ingest, or created within PP or as per my last test linked created a totally different file as the proxy and manually linked - none of which will play untill the original file is made offline... something is up with the linkage, says it is all good attahed -  but no joy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried trashing preferences?

I (seldom, as I don't need them) make proxies by ingesting footage first, right click in project window on clips > proxy > create proxies. They automatically get attached and that is it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you're toggling the icon in the Program monitor or using a keyboard short for that, right?

my bad, thanks Neil (kinda assumed proxy files was turned on as default)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the proxy button is not very obvious.

Its kinda like multicam. Need to add the buttons too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think I have solved it - so far - you must add the "toggle proxy" button to the viewing panel or it will just play the original file in my case (and look like a hardware issue). Feel stupid, never thought it was essential to add the toggle button for proxy files...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are SO many freaking "gotchas" in any of these complex video post processing apps. I work in PrPro, Ae, Audition, and Resolve daily. Yeesh.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@R Neil Haugen This post is solved but I'm curious if we end up seeing more of this kind of issue. I personally just experienced some issues with proxies being attached (and toggled on) and still referencing the original file. In my case I think audio was the culprit that was continuing to link to the original. I managed to fix mine (for the most part) by detaching and reattaching the proxies, but I've seen another person come into the Discord server now with a similar issue. Wondering if it's a 15.x thing. Could be nothing but thought I'd just put it on radar since I've seen two isntances of it in the last week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also seen several cases where audio seemed to be the culprit, and needed undoing/redoing. Worrisome to say the least!

And Ann caught that nested clips/sequences in 15.2 can have a bunch of issues if there's audio involved. Not ... comforting.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, created proxies, they show attached in the bins, the file path is correct. the toggle is blue, but the proxies are still not loading. This is a problem with the latest Premiere Pro. I just tested the same sequence in Premiere 2020 and it is working flawlessly, proxies toggle on and off and it shows the resolution dropping when I do so.

Adobe, please do not pass updates unless everything is working properly. I shouldn't have to go back to earlier versions as being more stable. Newer versions should always be more stable than previous versions on every system. This is a huge problem and every update with Premiere seems to get worse and worse. Been using Premiere for 10+ years and I'm having more problems on modern hardware than I did with computers 20x slower than my current one. This is a SOFTWARE problem, not a user problem, not a hardware problem, it's entirely on Adobe to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I too have this issue and it is reprehensible that this is still not resolved and Adobe seems to want to do nothing about it or even give us any information indicating where they are with creating a resolution (or software fix/patch.) This is making want to cancel my Creative Cloud and switch to something else, such as Davinci. This along with so many other instances of time-sucking screw-ups is making a multi-billion dollar corporation look like idiots. I'm sorry for being so scathing, but I have so many other issues ON TOP of this one that I just don't see the point to stick with a company that won't stick with its customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines